The Role: Market Manager – Equity Markets
The Location: Amsterdam
The Team: The candidate will be part of the Index Management & Production Group (IMPG) which is responsible for the maintenance and calculation of S&P Dow Jones Indices
The Impact: The Market Manager will research stock and company information for all companies in an assigned country (countries) or region(s), including price validation, corporate actions including mergers and acquisitions, attribute assignments, and share/ownership research. The Market Manager must therefore have an excellent understanding of global equity markets.
What’s in it for you: A global role, with the opportunity to fully support the Global Market Management Group within IMPG. The Market Manager is responsible for all aspects of an assigned group of companies and should become a subject matter expert in their field, The Market Manager makes recommendations on the treatment of corporate actions in line with our policies and procedures, directly impacting changes to indices and client portfolios.
Research and Analysis on Market Driven Events
- Closely monitor and track announced corporate actions. Monitor multiple news sources for new corporate action announcements. Analyze how these actions will affect indices and decide on strategies to respond to corporate actions
- Consult & communicate with global teams on adjustments to indices resulting from corporate actions
- Research, input, interpret and verify corporate actions for an assigned region and ensure they are correctly applied in a proprietary system
- Research, analyse and update company share and free float information on a regular basis
- Provide backup functions for other team members in other regions and perform QA functions for multiple workflow processes
Price Validation and Verifications
- Validation of system captured prices. Must review captured prices against multiple sources and research and resolve any discrepancies under restrictive timelines. Provide backup function for several market regions
- Responsible for verifying the correctness for hundreds of securities across multiple markets and working to strict deadlines
- Continuously seek ways to improve/streamline processes. Help to plan, test and implement major workflow upgrades
- Play a full part in the team’s comprehensive quality assurance processes
Customer Focus and Communication Responsibilities
- Maintain close customer focus with internal clients on a daily basis by communicating changes in stock data and addressing client data requests as well as by proactively communicating any major issues to Senior Managers or Team Lead
- Lead and coordinate the effort of team in ad-hoc projects, company initiatives and provide training to other Managers and Managers for Equity Markets.
- Influence and communicate to executive level managers and Index Committee members regarding specific market research that potentially affect index changing events.
- Take a leading role in coordination with the technology group and production support group to further enhance our system capabilities by identifying (and by working as part of a team to correct) deficiencies in our work flow and quality control processes
- 2-5 years of relevant experience working with indices and index related data is required. Direct experience at an index provider and/or financial institution focused on tracking/replication or portfolio management is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced degree in business, math, economics, or finance considered an advantage.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is essential. Further language skills, particularly in Arabic, would be considered an advantage.
- Requires excellent analytical and quantitative capabilities to solve original, non-routine problems in a timely and insightful manner.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required to communicate index changing events.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines. The projects involve requirements gathering, analytical thinking, compilation of data, and documentation
- Must be proficient in interpreting and analyzing corporate filings and related documents, and apply that analysis to the data inputs underlying S&P DJI Indices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is essential. Knowledge of Matlab, Microsoft Access and/or VBA would be considered an advantage