The Team: Reporting the Regional Manager, Events Asia, you will be joining a highly motivated, self-directed team, who is responsible for the flawless delivery of events from large scale conferences for up to 500+ participants to CEO level board meetings to drinks receptions, gala dinners and other customer engagement activities.
The Impact: We engage with customers, market participants, industry organizations and regulators every day through forums, training sessions and one-on-one meetings. Each year we host high-profile industry events to provide a platform for our customers to exchange ideas and make valuable connections
What’s in it for you: Partnering with multiple stakeholders within the Regional Marketing & Events teams while also supporting some global teams, the Event Operations role is instrumental in delivering these activities for the Commercial and Content teams to engage with our customers and the larger industry.
Venue Management including procurement, quality evaluations and pricing negotiations. Vendor Management:
- Maintain and develop a database of vendor and suppliers across the APAC region
- Negotiate for the best possible rates with the service providers for (and not limited to):
- audio visual equipment
- printing and signage
- event registration systems
- and other miscellaneous event vendors (e.g. event production agencies)
Budget & Spend:
- Work within the event’s budget
- Meet deadlines for spend tracking and reporting
- Track, receive and submit all receipts, invoices and other payments related matters
- Responsible for handling the operations onsite for any of the events that you are sent to, (regular travel and out of regular office hours required)
- Manage the registration system and attendee lists
- Communicate with event attendees
- Produce all on site materials; create badges and attendee lists for all events (knowledge of mail merges and excel required)
- Liaise with the printers in house to ensure that these materials are printed and prepared in a timely manner ahead of each conference
- Pack and organize conference materials shipping to time critical deadlines
- Liaise with the primary courier service directly to dispense the shipping of materials to the event – ensuring that all materials arrive ahead of the set up day for the event.
- You will be a main point of contact for any customer service queries, consulting with the Regional Manager, Events for any difficult queries that may arise
What We’re Looking For:
- Ideally 5 year’s relevant experience in an event planning or corporate events delivery role
- Superior project management skills, managing multiple projects simultaneously while providing clear communication of timelines and expectations to team members
- Ability to perform well under pressure with strict deadlines in a calm and professional manner
- Ability to problem solve quickly and effectively and use own initiative
- Must be able to multi task with proven organization skills
- Ability to travel 10 - 30% of the time (Some weekend travel required).
- Professional attitude, confident manner when speaking in public
- Knowledgeable in the MS Office Suite applications, specifically MSWord, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Event Registration systems and Mobile Application back-end will be an advantage
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.