The Role: Relationship Manager
The Location: Canary Wharf, London
The Team: is responsible retaining and developing business with existing rated clients. Can do attitude with high energy and a team approach.
The Impact: Acts as a single point of contact for a set of named accounts in UK, Ireland and Netherlands. Responsible for maintaining and growing revenue within these accounts, and collaborating appropriately with other parts of S&P Global to widen and depend the relationship S&P Global has with the client. Orchestrator for all key non-analytical relationship issues across the designated portfolio.
What’s in it for you:
- Exposure to senior management of major Banks, Corporates and Insurance companies.
- Helping to provide credit risk and other risk management solutions for your clients, challenging innovatively and creatively.
- Working for S&P Global Ratings.
- Actively managed program and focus on personal development.
- Manage complex negotiations of commercial and contractual deals for existing relationships.
- Identify and execute on upselling and cross selling opportunities from existing strategic clients. Utilise market knowledge and intelligence gleaned from clients to work collaboratively with Ratings Product Development and other segments of S&P Global in order to maximize opportunities and develop new products.
- Analyse business needs for key strategic accounts and develops solutions and product enhancements and new development opportunities to maintain and grow business.
- Responsibility for insight sales, ability to deploy a range of skills/techniques in order to meet revenue and account projections based upon a detailed understanding of the client and their market.
Manage post sales customer care and inquiries.
Operates within the Regulatory and Compliance frameworks laid down by the organization
What We’re Looking For
- Broad understanding of the business needs of key stakeholders in the ratings industry (issuers, intermediaries, investors).
- Broad knowledge of S&P Global Rating’s & S&P Global’s products and services and how they relate to customers.
- Ability to understand customer problems and implement a solution strategy to meet the client’s needs.
- Has an excellent understanding of key market trends in S&P’s key market sectors (Banks, Insurance, Corporates, Structured Products) in UK, Ireland & Netherlands.
- Keen understanding of the regulatory landscape and operates accordingly
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor Degree plus 5 – 10 experience in financial services and /or relationship management
- Demonstrated strength in effective influencing, negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong insight sales skills - needed to establish client needs and provide identify solutions to these needs.
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing. Public speaking skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels with an organization
- Strong commercial acumen and an understanding of how to monetize solutions and drive product development.
- The incumbent must display high energy levels/”can do” attitude.
- Strong emotional intelligence and team player attitude.