S&P Global Corporate
The Role: Software Developer II
The Location: Hyderabad, India
Each of our employees plays a vital role—uncovering the essential intelligence that our clients rely on day in and day out to make the decisions that matter. Our 17,000 employees come from all walks of life and all corners of the globe, but they are all committed to the exact same thing—making a genuine impact with the work that they do.
We provide intelligence that is essential for companies, governments and individuals to make decisions with conviction.
We pursue excellence in everything we do. We value results, encourage teamwork and embrace change.
Contribute significantly to the growth of the firm by:
- Creating diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace are essential to our success
- Understanding the business needs every day and enhance IT services
- Visit, seek out views, listen and talk with staff
Drive employee engagement higher to yield greater productivity at work with complete satisfaction.
What’s in it for you:
- Build a career with a global company
- Work on code that fuels the global financial markets
- Grow and improve your skills by working on enterprise level products and new technologies.
Candidate will participate in all phases of Informatica SW development to include: requirements and mapping definition, high level design, detailed design, development, COTS HW/SW and system integration. Candidate must have the ability to work in a team-oriented environment to achieve long-range goals and objectives. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, have an inquisitive attitude, and successfully solve problems. Candidate must have the ability to interact and work collaboratively with a diverse set of users (developers, testers, administrators, team leads, management, system users, etc.). The key responsibilities are:
- Provide technical knowledge/expertise to support the requirements definition, design, and development of data warehouse components/subsystems, specifically Extract-Transform-Load or Extract-Load-Transform technologies and implementations (PowerCenter) and/or Change Data Capture technologies and implementations (PowerExchange)
- Research, design, develop, and modify the ETL and related database functions, implementing changes/enhancements to the system
- Design ETL processes and develop source to target data mappings, workflows, and load processes.
- Develop, test, integrate and deploy ETL routines using ETL tools and external programming/scripting languages, as necessary.
- Research, design, develop, and modify the Change Data Capture (CDC) and related functions
- Administer and maintain the ETL/CDC environment, including performing configuration management activities related to the ETL/CDC environment
- Participate as needed in the deployment of system upgrades/updates, software patches/releases, and configuration changes
- Consider configuration management, security, quality control in designs/ implementations
- Resolve requests for assistance in troubleshooting issues assigned to the development team
- Support functional/regression testing activities in support of system functionality releases, patches and upgrades
- Document, track, and update System Change Requests and Problem Reports
- Analyze process improvement areas/recommend changes to processes/procedures for efficiencies/cost-savings/etc.
What We’re Looking For:
- Demonstrated experience developing, testing, and deploying ETL and/or CDC solutions (utilizing Informatica PowerCenter and/or PowerExchange)
- Database programming skills
- Experience with Data warehouse technologies including ETL Data transformation and Data Aggregation
- Experience in best practices design of ETL implementations in a high volume environment, including ETL software, database and tuning.
- Experience in best practices design of CDC implementations in a high volume environment, including CDC software, database and tuning.
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS
- Experience with Oracle EBS (E-Business Suite) a plus.
- Knowledge of underlying Oracle ERP applications database architecture
- Experience with Software Configuration Management tools (e.g. PVCS)
- Experience in designing, writing, and maintaining Linux Operating System Shell scripts and utilizing Linux system utilities.
- Knowledge on integrating multiple cloud applications (like Salesforce , Netsuite ) using Informatica Cloud Services ( ICS ).
- Understanding of Informatica REST API guidelines to access and pass information to Informatica Cloud organization.
- Experienced in creating and publishing processes in Informatica cloud real time (ICRT) process designer using service connectors like REST, JDBC, File
- Experienced in monitoring and debugging published processes from ICRT process console.
About S&P Global Corporate:
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.