S&P Global is on a journey to be majority public cloud within two years. A critical role in the Digital Infrastructure organization, Service Delivery Architect, will help lead the execution of this journey, delivering the cloud platform on which our business runs. This technical role will partner with a federated team of architects and engineers on the infrastructure, application, and information security teams to assure proper delivery of cloud services. The selected candidate will be part of S&P Global’s cloud strategy and architecture team, and will provide subject matter expertise to effectively use the cloud platform and cloud adoption strategies to achieve resiliency, operational efficiencies and cost savings.
You will be responsible for assuring use defined strategy and architecture as applications move to AWS and private cloud. This will include architecting and driving optimization of cloud infrastructure, driving compliance of standardized technology stack for cloud, and driving implementation of Cloud first strategy and cloud adoption for business segments. You will be a part of the Enterprise Infrastructure Council and provide guidance on strategic decisions to drive cloud first adoption. If you are a service delivery guru with infrastructure experience including Cloud, and passionate about technology automation and cloud adoption, you will be a best fit for the position.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Improved and optimized service delivery performance
- Enhanced operational reliability and flexibility
- Continued focus on standards implementation and leverage of common solutions
- Oversight of Service Provider deliverables and obligations
- Development of integrated service delivery and management framework, working closely other key stakeholders to ensure roles and responsibilities in end-to-end delivery and management are defined and communicated
- Ensuring adequate, integrated billing and charging models are defined, working closely with Finance and Service Delivery Managers
- Managing alignment of Service Management processes to deliver end-to-end services, and ensure continuous improvement
- Driving app adoption to our cloud orchestration platform
- Identifying and driving automation use cases for cloud adoption.
- Leading deployment of industry tools to manage a multi-account AWS environment
- Coordinating with business segment architects to ensure new cloud services align to roadmaps and strategy
- Acting as subject matter expert for infrastructure teams in the plan, design, and delivery of cloud-first IT solutions.
The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
- A broad understanding and experience in multiple technical design areas.
- A successful track record in project definition and technical management.
- Extensive experience with developing service delivery processes.
- A broad understanding of all major technical platforms, technical architecture models; and enterprise architecture strategies.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards
- Solid grounding in core enterprise services.
- Strong knowledge of hardware and software evaluation principles and practice.
- Ability to create constructive relationships, influence, and communicate (to project team, IT management, and non-technical staff).
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated success leading large scale initiatives/transformations
- Proven experience in implementing and managing IT delivery teams
- Experience with AWS services (EC2, S3, Route 53, ELB, VPC, Cloud Trail, IAM, AWS Config, cloud watch, Lambda) via CLI and API within a multi account production environment
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or computer engineering.
- Advanced degree strongly desired
- 10+ years’ work experience
- ITIL certification strongly desired
- AWS certifications a plus