The Role: Associate – Quantitative Analytics, US Public Finance
The Location: Centennial, CO
The Team: The US Public Finance team is responsible for a vast portfolio of independent credit ratings covering municipal sectors including Higher Education; Healthcare; U.S. States & Territories; Local Governments; Public Housing and Infrastructure. The team is focused on producing timely, insightful, and innovative credit analysis and research of the highest quality that grows our relevance in the market. As an Associate, you will be embedded within the US Public Finance team and work closely with the Model Developer team, which is responsible for developing and maintaining a growing portfolio of cutting-edge quantitative tools that enable analysts to continually produce high quality and transparent credit analysis.
The Impact: The Associate will enhance our ability to produce high-impact, insightful credit analysis and research and grow our relevance in an evolving market by synthesizing, analyzing, and deriving value from datasets, developing innovative analytic solutions and tools, and helping to build data analytics capabilities across the US Public Finance team.
What’s in it for you:
- Leverage your quantitative abilities to develop analytic solutions and tools that enable our credit analysts to perform high quality analysis and research;
- Gain analytic knowledge of a wide range of municipal sectors and market topics;
- Gain exposure to stakeholders across S&P Ratings; and
- Enjoy a strong collegial, collaborative environment.
- Develop and maintain nimble, user-friendly quantitative solutions and tools that will be used by credit analysts across the country in credit rating analyses and research publications;
- Synthesize and analyze large datasets to derive analytic value and insights for credit rating analyses and research publications;
- Focus on identifying areas for new, creative solutions and continuous improvement;
- Take a leading role in efforts to improve analytic capabilities and efficiency across US Public Finance;
- Provide insight to the team in solving complex, non-routine problems/tasks;
- Maintain close interaction with analysts, model developers, and subject matter experts to ensure that data analyses and tools effectively inform analytical decisions;
- Write clear, concise specifications and development documentation to ensure consistent and thorough documentation in accordance with policy and procedures; and
- Serve as mentor to build data analytics capabilities across the US Public Finance team.
What We’re Looking For:
- Master’s Degree in Financial Engineering, Statistics, Quantitative Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or a related field;
- Minimum 2-3 years work experience in relevant field;
- Knowledge of capital markets, financial instruments with an emphasis on credit risk modeling are preferred;
- Prior experience with data analysis. Knowledge of SQL and experience in databases such as Oracle, Sybase, or Access would be beneficial;
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel; and
- Strong programming skills in Visual Basic and R. Knowledge of C++, MATLAB, and SAS would be helpful.
- A self-starter that can work independently, but also able to collaborate with large groups that come from diverse backgrounds;
- The ability to quickly and concisely summarize quantitative concepts to the analytical community, who have a wide range of technical skillsets;
- Experience with multi-stage projects;
- Excellent time management and ability to plan, prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong customer service skills; and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to think creatively to solve problems.