SP& Global Platts is looking to fill a position in Singapore or Shanghai for a market reporter/analyst to develop and drive our steel market coverage and help build benchmark pricing in Asia, with a focus on India and Southeast Asia. The position reports to the senior managing editor, and is responsible for producing editorial content and price assessments in line with standards. This is an exciting opportunity to take ownership of a market that Platts has an increasing foothold in and bring it to the next phase of development.
The Career Opportunity
The successful candidate will work with a global team in a leading commodity price reporting agency, and will be at the forefront of our efforts in providing essential intelligence to our readers through price assessments, market commentaries and other insights centered on India, China and Southeast Asia. The person will be given training to effectively acquire primary pricing information in the steel trade, assess prices in line with published methodology and effectively explain it to a global readership through writing. He or she will be responsible for producing timely news on Indian and regional steel markets and companies, and will gain exposure through travel to engage with industry participants, attend conferences and contribute to research in pricing methodology.
- Main person covering Indian steel markets and companies, with help from team mates
- Gather, verify and record pricing and market information from primary sources
- Produce price assessments adhering to published methodology
- Create insightful market commentaries, generate analysis and news on a daily basis
- Actively engage with industry to build relationship with market participants
Qualifications and Skills
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability and willingness to engage with market participants on a daily basis
- Ability to write reports from information gathered on a daily basis
- Desire to take ownership of a market in informational terms
- Experience in market reporting and analysis
- Strong command of written and spoken English, with spoken Hindi advantageous
- Critical thinking abilities, strong sense of initiative and attention to detail
- Experience in metals or other commodity markets will be advantageous, but not necessary
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.