The Role: Product Market Research Analyst
S&P Global Platts, Product Management
This individual will join the team responsible for delivering a new digital, customer centric portfolio of offerings across multiple platforms and geographies. They’ll be a strong practitioner of market research and analysis to support the development of advanced new products and offerings.
The Career Opportunity: There are endless opportunities at Platts. From this role, in time, you can move to other analytical roles within the many different functions in the business.
The Team / The Business: The role will work closely with the product leads/owners, colleagues in sales, marketing, client services and the market to understand requirements, drive the value proposition and ensure a positive for our customers.
- Own S&P Global Platts market sizing & market potential analyses. This will require gathering & synthesizing information from S&P Global internal systems across Finance, Sales, Marketing and Product Management, as well as from external data sources (such as Dunn & Bradstreet).
- Provides critical desk research to the Product team to help understanding of the product portfolio and opportunities for enhancement and growth.
- Deliver & communicate credible market sizing & analysis to support Platts Product Management, Finance, Sales & Marketing
- Support the Platts Product Management team by executing ad hoc market analysis requests
- Provides analytical capability around client adoption efforts of new products.
- Assist product managers in executing internal and external educational and promotional campaigns. Will support go-to-market and sales channel support projects in preparation for product/platform upgrades.
- Performs more advanced analysis, as part of managing the broader set of S&P Global capabilities and their potential for meeting customer and market needs.
- Monitors the regional financial targets and goals for newly launched products working with Sales Managers and Representatives.
- 1-2 years in an analytical / research role
- Strong research capabilities with the curiosity & creativity to identify and integrate new information in to compelling, actionable analysis output
- Excel + VBA modelling skills
- Familiar with building visual presentations ideally Tableau dashboards
- Communication skills (giving small group presentations, active listening, ability to build understanding of the analysis, and support across functions and at all levels)
- Experience and understanding of commodity markets
- Familiarity with database technology e.g. SQL / NoSQL / MS Access etc
- Degree in analytical discipline
- Understanding of Chinese/Mandarin language – as we see significant growth in the Asia region
About Platts and S&P Global
Platts is a premier source of market pricing, news, analysis, analytics and commodities intelligence. At Platts, the intelligence you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the energy, petrochemicals, shipping, metals and agricultural markets. www.platts.com