S&P Global Corporate
The Role: GTC IT Functional Lead - Database Engineering
The Location: Hyderabad, India
Join a global team responsible for engineering database solutions for several platforms that calculate & distribute major headline indices like S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Averages.
Develop data storage and processing solutions for the index business and align our data strategy to power the markets of the future.
What’s in it for you:
Lead the Logical DBA functions and provide guidance on several databases technologies, actively evaluate new products and technologies to build solutions that can streamline business operations.
- Manage a team of DBAs and deliver high-class database engineering solutions.
- Design solutions for several RDBMS and NoSQL database technologies.
- Design data sharding, partitioning, BigData solutions and ETL workflows.
- Enforce database security policies and audit logging mechanisms.
- Build & manage databases on AWS Cloud and on-premise.
- Database monitoring, automate database provisioning and upgrades.
- Define procedures for database backup, recovery and retention, disaster recovery.
- Review SQL query plans and provide solutions to optimize database performance.
- Troubleshoot Production issues and provide quick workarounds to restore business continuity.
What We’re Looking For:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience.
- 10+ years of IT experience in Database Engineering and leading DBA teams.
- Strong experience with Oracle Database administration, RAC, DataGuard, GoldenGate, OEM.
- Strong experience in deploying databases on AWS Cloud, configuring RDS instances.
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, MongoDB and NoSQL databases.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Knowledge of AWS database solutions: Amazon RedShift, Aurora, Kinesis.
- Knowledge of Graph databases, Natural Language Processing, AI, Machine Learning, Big Data.
- Experience with Informatica or other ETL workflows & tools.
- Experience with Data Lake and Data Warehousing applications.
- Experience with RedHat Linux Operating systems.
- Good knowledge of servers, virtualization systems, storage and network engineering.
About Company Statement:
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.