The Role: Global Ratings is seeking a talented and experienced Sr. Data Associate to join our Data Solutions Delivery team
The Location: Centennial, CO
The Team: You will join a growing team of data professionals that is responsible for applying the organization’s data strategy for managing information assets that drive S&P Global Ratings and its customers. The team is focused on developing solutions that ensure that data collected and produced by S&P Global Ratings is accessible and useable for decision-making activities across the organization and across financial markets. This is achieved by partnering with our business and technology partners to leverage technical advancements that will improve our data management capabilities.
The Impact: This role will assist in the delivery and effective use of our Enterprise Data Assets for different Project and BAU activities. The Data Analyst will push for quality and completeness of data across S&P Global Rating with a focus on strategic initiatives. This position will ensure that the end users are using existing and future assets effectively across the organization.
What’s in it for you:
- Apply your ideas and skills to complex and novel situations within the context of data
- Advance your career as a data professional in a growing data organization
- Gain exposure to cross-functional stakeholders through projects and other initiatives
- Helps develop and implement analytical tools, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize data efficiency and quality
- Interprets data and analyzes results using SQL, BI reports, Excel and other tools
- Improve Data Management capabilities to locate and correct issues impacting our end users
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs by locating and defining new processes or enhancements
- Build up Data/Content Expertise across our Enterprise systems; support systems and processes consuming/distributing data from our data domains
- Provides advanced data/operations support for a range of research activities.
- Works closely with project teams to plan and implement process and operational changes across business units
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree required; Business (Finance/Accounting), Computer/Programming. Other areas of focus will be considered if they are data related
- 5-7 Years of relevant data experience
- Participated in IT/Data Projects; experience in Agile/Waterfall methodology
- Experience with BI reporting tools
- Intermediate SQL skills
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Proficient in the remaining Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Visio, Word, Power Point)
- Advanced degree preferred
- Basic knowledge of process engineering and six sigma methodology
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.