Director, Structured Finance, S&P Global Ratings - Dublin
ROLE LOCATION: DUBLIN
The EMEA Structured Finance Practice has a Director opening in the ABS/RMBS team and is looking to fill it as soon as possible. The successful candidate will be based in our Dublin office and will act as a Pod Leader, with responsibility for undertaking analysis for the ABS/RMBS team and coordinating a team of analysts with portfolios of credits focused on the EMEA region.
The successful applicant will enhance our ability to efficiently and effectively serve our clients by demonstrating outstanding analytical excellence and the capacity to provide relevant, insightful and compelling analysis. You will have responsibility for undertaking analysis for the ABS/RMBS team, as well as coordinating a team of analysts, providing training and coaching as necessary, as well as contributing to their career development. In particular, your analytical work will be essential to the covering of a diverse portfolio of credits; the training of others will help them resolve difficult day-to-day analytical issues and problems. You will be skilled at dealing with issuers and investors, have strong external engagement and presentation skills and be able to effectively “tell the credit story” in written and verbal form. Your coaching and mentoring skills will be recognized and appreciated by your teams. You will be well organized and efficient in your approach to deadlines and problem-solving. You will have a strong background and interest in the assets of coverage and be able to intelligently engage with others on matters of substance in this sector.
The Career Opportunity:
You will get to work in a dynamic team environment and work with a team of professional specialists. You can deepen and broaden your insight and knowledge in one of the leading credit ratings’ companies in the world. This role provides a great opportunity to be exposed to a range of markets and asset types, it encompasses compelling analytical expertise and effective management skills.
The Team / The Business:
You will report to the Analytical Manager, Structured Finance and be working closely with a number of highly experienced industry specialists.
- Rate complex deals, and proficiently write complex analytical reports;
- Act as a senior member of rating committees and be responsible for convening and conducting of rating committee deliberations in area of expertise, including acting as the rating committee chair and assuring the integrity of the rating process. Participate as an active, vocal voting member of the committee;
- Serve to establish policy, lead criteria, policy, and analytical deliberations, identify and develop needed changes/innovations in rating methodology/criteria standards and the ratings process, and ensure that analytical guidelines, quality standards, procedures and policies established are adhered to for all credits;
- Display strong sector expertise. Publish timely industry commentaries, and proficiently write sector reviews and thought leadership pieces. Develop and lead ideas on papers across a broad range of issues for publication in S&P journals and other publications;
- Coordinate a team of analysts to ensure consistency of analysis, analytical excellence, adherence to policies, procedures and regulatory requirements;
- Act as role model for more junior staff leading by example and providing training and coaching as needed;
- Speaking publically and representing the company to external stakeholders;
- Understand and implement S&P’s Policies and SOPs;
- Take the lead on special projects within the Structured Finance Practice as appropriate.
- A bachelor’s and advanced degree is required;
- Financial services industry experience;
- Strong critical thinking skills, along with numerical strength;
- Excellent time management and the ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, and multitask;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; the ability to think independently and critically;
- Ability to mentor others; and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.