The Role: Quality Engineer III
The Location: IND-Acropolis (Ahmedabad)
The Team: The S&P Global Market Intelligence Quality Assurance (SPGMI QA) community consists of personnel in New York, New Jersey, Colorado, Virginia, Pakistan, and India. We provide quality assurance and software testing for S&P Global Market Intelligence products.
- Being in this role you will be driving the test strategy/visibility for QA activities in the project.
- Achieve personal objectives and contribute to the achievement of team objectives.
- Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
What’s in it for you:
- Be the part of a successful team which works on delivering top priority projects which will directly contributing to Company’s strategy.
- Drive the testing initiatives including supporting Automation strategy which includes API, UI and Desktop.
- This is the place to enhance your Testing skills while adding value to the business.
- As an experienced member of the team, you will have the opportunity to own and drive a project end to end and collaborate with developers, business analysts and product managers who are experts in their domain which can help you to build multiple skillset.
- Advocate for quality, be the voice of the internal/external customer
- Ensure that project is tested end to end; coordinating QA testing with other scrum teams as necessary
- Advocate for quality across all team activities
- Be accountable for the QA test strategy for their scrum team ensuring review and sign off from key stakeholders
- Work in the Agile environment and adhere to all QA best practices.
- Perform functional testing, Database testing for wide range of enterprise applications.
- Attend, contribute in sprint planning sessions and design test approaches to test user stories within the same sprint and look for the opportunities to automate tests by identifying the areas so as to minimize retesting.
- Perform Functional, Integration, Regression, Re- testing and contribute to automation.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5-9 years of strong experience as functional/automation testing engineer
- Good to have 1+ Years’ experience in a leadership role. Good in dealing with people.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or Computer Applications and basic concepts on Software Testing of client / server and web platform applications.
- Experience in Verification, Validation, Testing Techniques, Testing Types, Bug Flow and familiarity with the concepts of SDLC and STLC.
- Experience in writing automation scripts, generating automation metrics, API testing, API automation.
- Proficient in understanding of the syntax of the code/scripts (ability to read code)
- Proficient in SQL - Ability to understand the Stored Procedures and write queries for the test data extraction and manipulation
- Ability to proficiently understand Requirements gathering/Testing/Defect management and tracking
- Strong ability to contribute to critical/complex projects and function independently within established framework
- Ability to solve complex, non-routine problems and the provide the best solution through cost/benefit analysis
- Ability to self-train him/herself on new tools and technologies related to Software Testing applied at work (for example Exploratory Session based Testing, Page Load testing, Failover testing etc. ), Scrum methodology and its framework
- Ability to learn and apply best practices of Quality and Test Management
- Good understanding of motivational techniques
- Ability to reach out, up and down to gather and deliver information
- Ability to manage work and deliver under pressure and maintain positive energy for the team
- Able to think clearly, remain highly effective with a level head in high-pressure, stressful situations or crises.
- Ability to coach the Software test engineers in designing tests and test suites
- Provide recommendations to management concerning issues of productivity
- Experience in DevOps, Big Data Testing, IOT, Cloud will be added advantage.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.