The Role: The Investment Management Segment is an essential market segment for our business with a mandate to grow significantly in the coming years. You will be responsible for driving the continued development and commercialization of our portfolio analytics solutions for our institutional asset management clients. You will partner with the broader product management team as well as stakeholders in technology, content and sales to build and take to market new and innovative portfolio management and reporting solutions.
The Impact: This role is core to the execution of our portfolio centric product strategy and to the successful commercialization and adoption of our solutions across investment management front and middle offices.
The Career Opportunity: You will work with a team of individuals who have a track record of building and growing successful financial technology businesses. We value entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, and execution and work together to achieve common goals. You have the opportunity to drive a pivotal aspect of the business strategy to develop winning solutions.
The Team / The Business: We collaborate with team members in New York, Boston, Chicago, London and APAC. The members of your extended team will include investment management sales specialists, operations, content and technology, as well as other product teams whose expertise contributes to the overall investment management solution.
- Experience in building and delivering portfolio performance measurement, attribution and risk systems
- Strong analytical abilities and high degree of familiarity with Brinson and factor based attribution and risk models
- Deep analytical mindset, creative problem solving ability and understanding of financial datasets
- Ability to lead projects with limited mentoring, to handle multiple projects at same time, and to thrive in a highly matrixed environment
- Strong project management skills, including ability to draft requirement and design documents, identify key deliverables and dependencies, and track progress
- Experience and comfort working directly with both clients and third parties to advance our efforts and solicit feedback
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation abilities
- Define, develop and take to market new and enhanced Portfolio Analytics, Monitoring and Reporting (“PA”) solutions in support of our portfolio centric investment management strategy
- Develop and present business cases in support of incremental PA feature sets including market sizing and share estimates
- Manage the Go-to-Market of the PA solution set including marketing and messaging, working with clients and sales specialists to get unfiltered feedback and tracking progress against plan
- Actively participate in testing newly developed functionality and ensure it accurately responds to clients’ expectations
- Assist the sales team with technical conversations associated with new initiatives. Answer complex client and trial account queries around new initiatives in a timely fashion
- Understand and adjust to global/regional market requirements
- Uncover new opportunities to unlock content and analytical assets from across the wider organization for client benefit
This is a critical position that involves drive, precise organization and analytical thinking. Success in this role will require detailed domain knowledge and strong commercial instincts.
- BA/BS in economics, finance, business or related fields; MBA or relevant MA is valuable
- 5+ years building successful portfolio performance and attribution solutions
- Real passion for portfolio management, capital markets and software development
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.