The Role: Are you seeking a rewarding leadership role? As an editor with the healthcare news team, you will deliver fast-paced news while collaborating with a team that spans four countries. Coverage includes pharmaceutical, biotechnology and life sciences companies; hospitals and other providers; and medical technology manufacturers, as well as related regulations and legislation.
Location: Charlottesville, VA or Arlington, VA
The Team: Do you love to collaborate? With a global newsroom of more than 250 reporters and editors across five continents, you will have the opportunity every single day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and to develop a close team dynamic with co-workers from around the globe. In this role, you will help lead coverage of earnings, conferences and other major news events in coordination with our news desk manager and U.S. reporters.
The Impact: Our journalists combine subject matter expertise, a real passion for news and best-in-class data. We comb through regulatory filings, attend top industry events, and monitor market trends to bring readers the information they need to know. Our comprehensive and timely news gathering operation combined with our enterprise journalism creates a unique news source essential to any sector-focused professional.
What's in it for you:
- Explore a highly-rewarding career path with room for professional growth, recognition and rewards.
- Utilize our extensive database of market, regulatory and corporate data to enrich your ability to deliver high-quality news.
- Brainstorm with colleagues who share deep knowledge and passion about the healthcare sector.
- Build our healthcare coverage as part of a growing and dynamic newsroom.
- Enjoy a casual working environment.
- Edit news articles for accuracy, style and content.
- Adhere to daily and weekly deadlines.
- Craft your team's daily content by developing fresh story ideas and delivering sharp, concise content and prioritizing news coverage.
- Coach and mentor team members.
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of editing experience.
- Strong editing skills and a strong command of journalistic practices (AP style, libel issues, etc.).
- An affinity for analyzing numbers, using in-house data intelligence, financial reports and other industry information.
- Strong communication skills: You will need to be able to deliver feedback effectively to reporters across the globe.
- Business journalism experience.
- Knowledge of financial market & economic trend analysis
- Experience covering the healthcare sector is a big advantage.
- Experience leading remote teams.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.