The Role: Relationship / Transaction Manager
The Location: Spain, Madrid office
The Team: You will join the EMEA Sales organization where you will be part of a dedicated senior team managing relationships with existing clients across Continental Europe.
The Impact: S&P Global Ratings seek a Relationship / Transaction Manager to be the main point of commercial contact for a portfolio of named client accounts in Spain. This person is responsible for retaining, developing and expanding business with existing rated clients, end-to-end managing the client portfolio and taking ownership of the client experience, market and commercial strategy.
What’s in it for you?
- Exposure to senior management of leading and impactful Banks, Corporates and Insurance companies, with unique insight into their business and strategic objectives.
- Be at the centre of the financial and debt capital market, with managerial support in shaping the local strategy aimed to maximize business growth.
- Help to provide rating, credit risk and other risk management solutions for your clients, challenging innovatively and creatively.
- Master nuances of our commercial sales and transactional process with strong emphasize on negotiation skills, product understanding, accuracy and operational excellence.
- Work for S&P Global Ratings, the leading Rating Agency globally.
- Actively managed career growth program focused on personal development and training.
- You will be responsible for identifying upselling and cross selling opportunities from existing clients; maintaining and growing revenue within existing assigned accounts, and for timely and correct billing of all transactions coming into the Madrid office.
- In addition the position will analyse business needs for own portfolio & geography to identify appropriate solutions and introduce product opportunities to maintain and grow business.
- Work closely with Team Head and locally based senior and experienced Client Coverage Officer to create and develop tactical sales plan for assigned geography based on market feedback, and manage negotiations of commercial and contractual deals for client opportunities.
- Manage all related customer inquiries for the portfolio of clients.
- Conduct regular account planning; maintain awareness of market and industry trends, represent S&P externally and develop a thorough understanding of the competitive situation.
What we’re looking for:
- Broad understanding of the business needs of key stakeholders in the ratings and debt capital market industry (issuers, intermediaries, investors).
- Practical knowledge of banking, capital market, rating products / services and how they relate to customers and users.
- Ability to understand customer problems and implement a solution strategy to meet the client’s needs.
- Excellent understanding and feel for key market trends in S&P’s market sectors, knowledge of the Spanish business environment.
- Keen understanding of the regulatory landscape and ability to operate accordingly
- Commercial mind-set, entrepreneurial sprit, attention to detail and strive for perfection.
- Curiosity and keenness to learn.
- Bachelor Degree plus 5 – 10 years of experience in financial services and /or relationship management.
- Track record working in an international client centric environment with focus on performance and professionalism.
- Independence and ability to manage own time efficiently.
- Fluent Spanish and English a must.