DIRECTOR, ARCHITECTURE – SOLUTION ARCHITECT
The Solution Architect will lead architecture for key Ratings enterprise systems and programs. This person will often be involved at every phase of the project lifecycle from intake through delivery and will be expert that has primary responsibility that a solution design aligns to enterprise vision and architecture strategy. Collaborates with key partners and other enterprise architects to define the architecture domains. Assess business needs, organizational capabilities, IT investments, and translate into actionable IT strategy using industry-proven architecture standard methodologies. Provide architectural oversight of projects and maintain alignment between business strategies and business/technical architecture frameworks. An experienced information professional who is a demonstrated leader, problem solver, and strategic thinker; is adaptable to and inspires change through thought leadership, education, communication, partnership and results.
You will be a senior expert contributor on the Rating Organization’s Enterprise Architecture Team. This team, who has a broad and expert knowledge on many technology stacks and architectural patterns, fosters collaboration that results in a unified strategy. All architecture members provide leadership, innovation, timely delivery, and the ability to articulate business value. Be a part of a rare opportunity to build and evolve S&P’s global enterprise architecture strategy.
OUR HIRING MANAGER SAYS:
If you are an individual that would like to help drive diverse aspects of application architecture, such as: Workflow, Digital Content Management, Cloud migration, AI, Web and System Integration, this is an excellent opportunity. I am looking for someone with strong leadership & technology skills, thinks out of the box, brings in innovative ideas, and elevates our architecture from current state to future state.
- Lead enterprise-wide programs and ensure alignment of cross program IT strategy and planning with company's business goals
- Develop end to end architecture across all disciplines (application, data, and infrastructure) for enterprise wide programs; influence and develop solutions to performance and stability challenges
- Architect & develop and communicate, development frameworks, blueprints, design patterns and reusable solution assets
- Develop domain expertise and become a solution evangelist to business & technology leaders
- Develop communities of interest and provide thought leadership in one or more areas of technology though monthly tech talks, blogs and other written and oral communications
- Mature and promote CI/CD practices across application portfolio
- Work on initiatives with diverse scope where analysis of design requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current industry trends
- Ensure alignment to architecture principles (performance, agility, reuse, etc.) and conceptual completeness of the technical solution; ensures solutions are loosely coupled and perform well across global deployments
- Create architectural technology and business roadmaps that result in stronger business/IT alignment and drive adoption and usage of technology across the enterprise
- Lead functional teams & contribute to the achievement of Architecture and IT objectives
- Implement strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Design and deliver high quality integration solutions that satisfy project requirements and meet Ratings enterprise needs.
- Provide leadership on enterprise technologies and platforms such as portal, workflow, publishing, REST, SOA, caching, cloud and analytics, mobile and others and ensure alignment to standard technologies
- Function as a trusted technical advisor that collaborates with both business and technical stakeholders, sets direction, builds consensus, mediates conflicts, and helps to create an environment which solicits contributions from all participants
- Interact with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, involving matters between functional areas
- Provide guidance to subordinates, colleagues and other teams on routine to highly complex problems
- Work on issues where situation or data requires review of relevant factors and business trends
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Enterprise Architecture
- 10+ years of Information Technology experience
- 8+ years of architecture experience in an enterprise Java technology environment
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong ability to influence both IT and business partners
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills with an ability to negotiate and trade-off technology options against goals and cost
- Possess a continuous learning mindset with deep desire to understand underlying details of how things work.
- Ready to engage in learning both on and off the job, always curious, always learning, always sharing knowledge.
- 8+ years of recent hands-on development experience in Java/J2ee, Rest, Weblogic, Tomcat, JMS, Microsoft .NET with C#
- Experience with architecting, developing and deploying software in the cloud
- Experience with relational data modeling and Domain Driven Design
- Hands-on experience with SQL and relational database design in one or more of the following (Oracle, AWS RDS, AWS Redshift, Sybase SQL server or other RDBMS platform)
- Experience with performance engineering and performance tuning in multiple areas of the development stack
- Proven and demonstrable experience in architecting, crafting and implementing high volume, high availability systems, complex enterprise wide projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized architecture domains
- Ability to understand and define and translate complex business requirements into appropriate implementation artifacts
- Understanding of design patterns and experience with DevOps automation, continuous integration and testing frameworks
- Expertise with of Enterprise Architecture processes, methods, and frameworks, including proficiency in business process modeling and redesign, requirements management, and research tools. Strong technical knowledge of application delivery methods and familiarity with how portfolios of systems work together to build solutions
- Experience employing TOGAF architecture development methodology (ADM)
- Experience with workflow, publishing, analytics, portal, mobile, security, cloud and big data and other leading edge technologies
- Experience building architecture roadmaps, monitor industry trends and directions; develops and presents substantive technical recommendations to senior management.
- Lead, facilitate and execute system integration initiatives, including the design, implementation and support of an Enterprise Integration software solution that serves as the conduit for data flow between all core business systems.
- Knowledge of Agile approaches to software development and able to put key Agile principles into practice to deliver solutions incrementally.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time and prioritize and handle work to critical project timelines in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience in key integration platforms and patterns: extract, transform, and load (ETL), extract, load and transform (ELT), event based data integration, services oriented architecture (SOA), information-as-a-service, data virtualization, enterprise services bus architectures (ESB), business process management (BPM), and supporting technologies for all of the above (UDDI, WSDL, BPEL, EDI etc.)
- Ability to provide mentorship on reports and ensure recommendations are aligned with customer needs, capabilities and solutions