The Role: Associate, Rating Analytical (Insurance Ratings)
The Location: Hong Kong
The Impact: You will provide key stakeholders with our value-added “credit story” on insurance companies and markets through insightful opinions and strong analysis.
What’s in it for you: You will analyze a portfolio of insurance companies Asia. This position involves meeting with issuers and investors on analytical matters, assisting in resolving client needs, leading market education efforts, and taking the lead at external meetings related to credits.
- Analyzing information and data for determining ratings on insurance companies and their debt issues
- Making recommendations and presenting to rating committees
- Drafting press releases, company-specific reports, and industry commentaries in a fast-paced environment with publication deadlines
- Effectively communicating to clients Standard & Poor's methodology and procedures
- Continuous monitoring of operating performance of rated companies, including reviews of public filings and private information supplied by issuers, and participation in client meetings
- Meeting with issuers and investors on analytical matters and assisting in resolving clients' analytical needs
- Contributing to Standard & Poor's global and regional analytical sectoral forums, and authoring related commentaries
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree. Actuarial background, advanced degree, or CFA charter is a plus
- Minimum five years of experience in an analytical position. Working experience in the insurance industry is a plus
- Good understanding of financial and capital markets, business environments, and relevant insurance regulations in China and Hong Kong
- Chinese language skills, including Putonghua
- Strong financial statement analysis skills and accounting knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to give effective presentations to senior executives
- A highly motivated team player who can work autonomously in a global, multi-cultural and fast pace environment
- Ability to undertake rigorous analytical work and be proficient at writing analytical reports in English
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.