The Marketing team globally is part of the bigger Commercial organization comprising of sales and client services, and marketing. The Marketing team is comprised of the different disciplines of Communications, Global Events, Campaigns, Marketing Operations, Global Channel Marketing, Market & Customer Insight, Product Marketing, Global Demand Centre and Regional Marketing. The Asia Regional Marketing team is responsible for driving the marketing activities from forums to local digital programs to Account Based Marketing programs.
The Account Based Marketing Manager is responsible for managing and executing programs that generate new prospects and advance existing opportunities for the sales team within specific, targeted accounts and contacts. They will act as liaisons between marketing, sales operations, and field sales teams as well as central demand functions such as global/integrated marketing and demand center to develop 1:1, broad-based marketing tactics designed to penetrate targeted accounts.
What’s in it for you:
- Join a leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets.
- Be part of the success in shaping S&P Global Platts fastest growing region
- Grasp the opportunity to be exposed to a wide range of marketing disciplines from events to digital to customer engagement marketing
- Account Based Marketing is one of the most hyped, most discussed and most potent things going on in B2B marketing right now; be part of the pioneer group of marketers at S&P Global Platts to lead this
- Translate sales objectives (both opportunity-based and relationship-based) into objectives and project plans for marketing support
- Leverage other operation functions to provide ongoing data and insights on key accounts and contacts within these accounts
- Understand and analyze the account portfolio, including how to prioritize and group accounts according to opportunity, buyer need, persona, industry, buying cycle stage and propensity to buy to develop the optimal marketing tactic mix for 1:1, 1:few, broad-based marketing programs
- Partner with sales in to generate new opportunities with key accounts leveraging the optimal marketing mix to run programs to meet with common objectives
- Lead ongoing account check-ins with sales teams to ensure account goals, key contacts and account plans remain on track, and discuss upcoming account requirements and modifications
- Work with functions in sales and marketing to define and establish workflows (e.g. campaign personalization and execution, lead hand-offs)
- Partner with content teams to provide campaign customization according to analysis of buyer need
- Partner with marketing operations to establish forecast and report against key success metrics
- Develop, present, manage and execute integrated marketing programs for key identified accounts.
- Determine which marketing campaigns and assets to leverage for named account engagement planning
- Evaluate, select and manage outside vendors (e.g. technology partners, data providers, agencies) that may contribute to named-account marketing
- Manage and adhere to budget allocation
- Internally promote account-specific engagement marketing plans
What We’re Looking For:
- 3 – 5 years of b-to-b marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or comparable education/experience
- Best-in-class marketing and demand generation experience with proven track record executing innovative and multi-part programs
- Ability to gather basic data/insights from multiple internal and external sources to understand impact across accounts and opportunities
- Strong understanding of audience segmentation and content mapping to the buyer’s journey
- Goal-oriented and collaborative with the ability to take initiative and deliver projects unsupervised.
- Budget management skills
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills with track record of successfully interfacing with sales teams
- Follow a metrics driven, analytical approach
- Exceptional organizational project and people management skills with attention to detail, discipline to follow established policies and processes
- Goal and task prioritization with “own it” personality and ability to thrive in a growth environment
- Relevant industry experience
- Strong technical literacy, including Marketing Automation Platforms and Sales Force Automation systems, business case creation and user needs analysis
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.