The Role: The editor will join the petrochemicals team in Asia and support the daily priceassessment process. The job includes gathering pricing information and market intelligence, and forming that information into price assessments and published market commentaries, news updates and in-depth analysis stories. You will also be in a thought leadership position at Platts, helping develop benchmarks and new price assessments, through activities including presentations, webinars, and podcasts.
The Impact: This is a very impactful and key role as Platts has established itself in Asian petrochemicals, with price benchmarks in some products. Platts assessments are also used as reference prices in many other markets.
The Career Opportunity: To become a market expert, the go-to person in the industry, and to expand your knowledge of the Asian petrochemicals industry by interacting daily with regional producers, consumers, traders and analysts etc., in turn sharpening your verbal and written communication skills.
The Team / The Business: You’ll work with the Singapore-based petrochemicals market reporting team.
Your Skills: Proven analytical ability, comfortable handing numbers, exceptional energy, tenacity, and ambition to excel in a fast-paced newsroom. Good written and verbal communication skills, analysis, and presentation skills.
- Assess daily petrochemical prices
- Gather commodity price information, meet compliance standards, produce price assessments, write commentaries, stories, analyses.
- Assess the value of prices fully in line with Platts’ rigorous and published methodologies
- Write news stories on markets covered
- Maintain high quality, timely and real-time feed of news and pricing
- Work closely with news desk, managers and others to identify news stories on market issues
- Develop, expand and maintain sources/contacts relevant to the market area of coverage
- Able to effectively manage and develop price reporting coverage in the region
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or similar level university degree
- Excellent English writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be proficient in spoken Mandarin; ability to read and write Mandarin a plus, due to the need to cover China market
- Good organizational planning skills; able to work collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
- Must be comfortable with Microsoft excel and huge data sets
- Adept at managing multiple tasks and adhering to regular deadlines. Able to prioritize quickly and to readjust priorities throughout the day.
- Self-driven, energetic and proactive
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, global, multi-cultural environment
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.