The Role: Software Engineer III
The Location: Charlottesville, VA
The Team: We are a team of intelligent, visionary and hard-working software professionals recruited from top universities and industries. The team is responsible for the architecture, design and development of enterprise web, desktop and feed products.
The Impact: Would you like to be part of a team that builds Enterprise strength, Web and Feed Products that will enable S&P Capital IQ to serve-up valuable Ratings, Research and related information to the Institutional clients? Join us and contribute significantly to the growth of the firm by
- Developing innovative functionality in existing and new products
- Supporting and maintaining high revenue productionized products
- Achieve the above intelligently and economically using best practices
What’s in it for you: This is the place to hone your existing Middleware and Database skills while having the chance to become exposed to fresh technologies. As an experienced member of the team, you will have the opportunity to mentor and coach developers who have recently graduated and collaborate with developers, business analysts and product managers who are authorities in their domain.
Complete SDLC: architecture, design, development and support of tech solutions
- Play a key role in the development team to build high-quality, high-performance, scalable code
- Engineer components, and common services based on standard corporate development models, languages and tools
- Produce technical design documents and conduct technical walkthroughs
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Be part of a culture to continuously improve the technical design and code base
- Document and demonstrate solutions using Technical design docs, diagrams and stubbed code
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of significant experience in web development using C#.NET, ASP.NET MVC and Web API
- Superior knowledge of system architecture, object-oriented design, and design patterns.
- Substantial experience using any of the Java script packages such as Durandal, RequireJS, Knockout.js, jQuery, Ember.js
- Confirmed grasp of relational database concepts
- Work experience using a relational or noSQL database such as SQL Server, Oracle, Cassandra
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test-driven development.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering.
- Experience in cloud native development and AWS is a big plus
- Understanding of financial markets and asset classes like Equity, Commodity, Fixed Income, Options, Index/Benchmarks is desirable.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.