The Role: BI Data Analyst
The Location: Charlottesville, VA
The Team: The SNLBanker implementation team implements and supports industry changing reporting software for community financial institutions. We are a self-motivated group who excel in troubleshooting, problem solving and meeting the needs of our clients.
The Impact: SNLBanker is the industry's first reporting system that securely integrates data from several internal sources, such as a bank's core processor, general ledger, budget & profitability systems, CRM tools, and other systems to provide the insight needed to run the bank.
What’s in it for you: Are you looking for a career opportunity to expand your technical knowledge and ability? Do you thrive in a fast past environment? The BI Data Analyst will support the analysis, design, and implementation of BI platforms to support our customers. You will work closely with the decision makers of our client institutions (such as the CFO & CEO) to gather their requirements and deliver the best solutions. Your keen, critical eye will help you identify unique characteristics and needs of each client and craft innovative technology.
- Effectively communicating with customers to capture business and functional requirements and translate them into the technical requirements.
- T-SQL development tasks, including building and maintaining stored procedures, views, and user defined functions.
- Implementation of automated ETL routines.
- The construction and improvement of OLAP databases
- Prioritizing requests from clients and internal partners to meet their needs.
- Facilitating and support client calls and in-person/onsite meetings.
What We’re Looking For:
- Proficiency with reading and writing SQL.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge of relational databases and data models.
- Capable of running or leading multiple projects.
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services.
- Knowledge of SQL Server Analysis Services (not a disqualifier).
- Experience working within financial institutions, especially banks and credit unions.
- Career focus on data science and business intelligence.
- Exposure to income statements and balance sheets is a plus
About S&P Global Market Intelligence:
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.