S&P Dow Jones Indices
Developer Application Lead: As a senior Application Developer for the Fixed Income platform you will take part in building out new functionalities and enhancing existing functionalities of the system. You will work closely with other back-end and front-end developers, QA and application support team. Fixed Income platform was build using services architecture. The platform is comprised of multiple server side processes along with User Interface. The server side processes are built in Java and they interact with MongoDB and Oracle. UI is built using Angular JS, JQuery/Ext JS, HTML5 & CSS.
- Implement new functionalities in Java, PL-SQL and MongoDB
- Enhance existing functionalities
- Train and assist the application support team
- Respond to technical queries from operations and product management team
- 5 to 8 years of hands on Java development experience. Experienced working with JMS, executor framework and design patterns is preferred
- Hands on experience in at least one relational database (Oracle, Sybase, or SQL Server)
- Hands on experience in SQL queries and writing stored procedures
- Hands on experience in Spring and Hibernate
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience working in Unix/Linux Operating System
- Experience working with Weblogic/Apache Tomcat
- Experience working with source code control systems such as SVN and Git
- Experience in building financial applications is a plus
- Experience with MongoDB is a major plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. MS in Computer Science is preferred.
- Candidates without Computer Science or Information Technology degree should have significant work experience.
About S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We’re the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.