The Location: Asia-Singapore
The Team: Reporting the Regional Manager, Events Asia, you will be joining a high performing team that operates in an environment of delivering value and being bold and courageous. Part of the Marketing function, you will be joining a team comprised of the different disciplines of Communications, Global Events, Campaigns, Marketing Operations, Global Channel Marketing, Market & Customer Insight, Product Marketing, Global Demand Centre and Regional Marketing.
The Impact: You will play a leading role in the development of our global energy conferences, and be expected to create and develop commercially focused, issue-oriented conferences to meet the demands of the industry.
Working with senior internal and external stakeholders, you will engage with customers, market participants, industry organizations and regulators every day to develop a series of high-profile industry events to provide a platform for our customers to exchange ideas and make valuable connections
What’s in it for you: You will be generating topics, recruiting speakers, developing content and, as the project manager, bringing an exciting portfolio of events to life. As the leading energy and commodities information provider, we seek only the most results-oriented, entrepreneurial professional who thrives on responsibility and is driven by the satisfaction of achieving personal excellence.
* Develop and manage 7-8 conference products with specific P & L responsibilities
* Research and develop topics on industry specific trends based on direct market feedback
* Create powerful commercial agendas by researching and recruiting high level speakers
* Collaborate with multiple stakeholders in the Editorial and Commercial teams
* Build a strong network of influential industry contacts
* Direct a talented team of operations, marketing and sales staff
* Travel to events and network with hundreds of senior level executives
What We’re Looking For:
* Min. 3-5 years’ work experience
* Past conference/publishing production experience is a must
* Strong written and verbal/phone communications skills
* Ability to thrive in a multi-task, deadline driven project management environment
*Exceptional collaboration skills with track record of successfully interfacing with multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally
*Goal and task prioritization with “own it” personality and ability to thrive in a growth environment
*Please note that this is a program development role and not an event management role.
*Bachelor's Degree (any discipline)
*Proven experience of developing an event or event series over several years
* Experience in the energy & commodity industry is an advantage (oil, petrochemicals, metals, gas and power)
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.