S&P DJI External Communications Manager – EMEA
The Role: The External Communications Manager for S&P Dow Jones Indices (S&P DJI) in London will manage S&P DJI’s external communications activities throughout Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) and India, reporting into the Head of External Communications for S&P DJI. This skilled communicator will work in close alignment with teammates in New York and Hong Kong, as well as our external communications teammates worldwide — all part of the unified global communications team at S&P Global.
The Impact: EMEA is a key region for S&P DJI and S&P Global at large. You will spearhead expanding our thought-leadership position and drive media activities to promote S&P DJI’s ESG initiatives in the markets we serve. Critical to your role is the ability to actively manage and grow key journalist relationships, resulting in increased media placements and accurate coverage in targeted press outlets. This is a highly visible role within S&P DJI and the Company at large.
The Career Opportunity: You will have a chance to work with the leading global index provider to develop and apply skills at both a tactical and a strategic level, innovate and gain experience across the EMEA region. You will work with your counterparts from the global team on corporate wide initiatives providing diverse and engaging experiences, and the opportunity to make an impact.
The Team / The Business: S&P DJI is one of the four Divisions of S&P Global. You will be a member of a dynamic S&P DJI external communications team which is part of a unified global communications team at S&P Global. You will also work on cross-divisional and global projects as needed.
Our Hiring Manager says: “I’m looking for a well-balanced strategist and executioner who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can skillfully translate data and pioneering research into relevant messaging that resonates with the media. As a key member of a high-impact and supportive global team, you will engage with our Company’s most senior business leaders to expand and strengthen our perception with external stakeholders.”
- Skillfully manage media relations activities, including developing relationships with members of the media, analyzing and promoting thought leadership, proactively pitching stories, and securing media placements.
- Raise the profile of S&P DJI in the EMEA region through innovative and proactive media campaigns that support our business initiatives, including the promotion of our ESG capabilities.
- Work with colleagues across the company on important strategic initiatives, including but not limited to, elevating the Corporation’s brand and narrative around Corporate Responsibility and Technology.
- Provide insightful counsel to S&P DJI’s key thought leaders/group leaders to develop comprehensive strategic outreach plans for key initiatives; ensure appropriate PR strategies are aligned with business objectives.
- Anticipate and identify market trends to collaborate with content creators to generate PR opportunities.
- Serve as a spokesperson on S&P DJI related matters
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Finance or a related subject
- At least 6+ years of relevant public relations or corporate communications experience.
- Pre-existing, strong professional relationships with financial journalists from top tier publications.
- Strong understanding of the financial markets, relevant regulations and the role that index providers play.
- Able to deal with complex and sensitive media inquiries while managing multiple projects, tight deadlines, and crisis situations
- An understanding of how communications can play a role in further corporate initiatives pertaining to social media, technology, and digital platforms.
- Experience supervising agency relationships
- Exceptional writing skills
- Enthusiastic – high energy and a “can do” approach
- Willingness to travel and work NY hours when needed.
- Fluent in English