- The Role: S&P Global Market Intelligence, a premier sector-focused news and financial information provider, is looking for a Sr Lead DevOps / Release Engineer to join the Release Engineering team part of the Product Services and Engineering group in our Centennial, CO office.
- The Location: Charlottesville or Richmond VA or Centennial, CO
The Impact: The candidate will be responsible for setting up, managing, and promoting the culture, practices, processes and tools that enable software development and operations. They will have a deep understanding of Agile and the various points at which development and operations could be improved. They will leverage processes, tools, automation and metrics to reduce the lead time from code commit to product delivery.
The Career Opportunity: This position provides a tremendous opportunity to grow personally and professionally in this role. The candidate will have the chance to lead a team working with highly skilled professionals who are committed to operational excellence. They will develop expertise on the current systems to push the boundaries of what can be done more efficiently. They will innovate, collaborate and influence while keeping up with industry trends and partnering with co-workers.
The Team / The Business: Our Release Engineering team is responsible for engineering automation solutions for application, database code builds, deployments and server configurations. We interact with people from a wide variety of backgrounds across the entire organization and are able to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe. The candidate will partner with business stakeholders, architects, application developers and technology leads to define and implement the appropriate tools needed to support our transformation efforts.
- Prior experience leading a team of highly qualified software developers
- Able to prioritize and organize effectively
- Supervise and motivate the staff
- Collaborate effectively with engineering leadership and peers
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide effective, result-oriented direction to the staff
- Anticipate logistical and tactical software development and process problems, and be able to quickly and effectively resolve them
- Understand SCM/CI/DEVOPS best practices and the tools used to implement them
- Ability to thrive in an agile, fast-paced environment while delivering high quality mission-critical software
- Will programmatically automate server configuration, software builds, testing and deployments
- Work with product teams ensuring project deadlines are delivered on time and on budget
- Review, oversee and ensure the tools and code our team writes and maintains follows best practices and established standards
- Lead and participate in regular after-hours and weekend production deployments
- Document work for cross-training purposes within the team and craft partner documentation and training
- Work with various teams (DEV, QA, MIS, PMO, Product) in a cross-functional manner
Experience and proficiency with a variety of System tools including:
- 6-10 years of leadership experience
- Experience with continuous integration toolsets (e.g. Jenkins, VSTS, TeamCity)
- Experience programming (e.g. PowerShell, Bash, .NET, Java)
- Experience with container/microservice architecture, configuration and deployments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure)
- Experience with server configuration automation (e.g. SaltStack, Ansible)
- Experience using version control in a collaborative code environment (e.g. SVN, TFS, GIT)
- Experience troubleshooting code compile issues and exceptions
- Experience administering and troubleshooting server and application issues (e.g. Windows, Linux)
- Experience with code dependency management (e.g. NuGet, Artifactory, NPM)
- Experience with Agile and LEAN principles
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.