The Role: Sales Operations Representative - Transaction Management
The Location: Centennial, CO
Transaction Management is a dynamic and highly collaborative team responsible for enabling and managing sales fulfilment processes in an exciting environment. Sales Operations Representatives demonstrate deep proficiency in data and systems management, to develop deep understanding of sales operations practices, and working knowledge of business products, enabling them to provide a full range of support/ancillary services to the commercial organization.
This position strengthens the organization’s relationship with existing accounts by providing quality, efficient and standardized customer service, both pre- and post- sales. Diverse and flexible portfolio coverage, positions the individual to shorten client response times and increase service quality, helping clients meet their financial and risk management needs. The role additionally plays a critical part in ensuring we meet audit and regulatory requirements.
What’s in it for you?
High transparency working in both cross functional and global groups, including but not limited to sales, product, analytical support, data, IT, and finance functions.
- Develop your Business Insight and Sales Operations processes in the financial services sector
- Deepen your knowledge of our primary products and services within the Ratings business and their impact in the Capital Markets.
- Assist in the sales implementation processes- primarily including order execution, ensuring accurate billing, and system entry to warrant maximum revenue realization
- Track customer developments and trends to help craft future offerings
- Collaborate with Business Developers, Relationship Managers, Portfolio Managers and other Transaction Managers to effectively own the sales pipeline and assist in handling transactional customer queries
- Collaborate with other internal functions and act as a bridge between Sales and those functions as required
- Comprehend appropriate understanding of relevant regulation and company policies for supporting internal and external clients
- Maintain knowledge and comprehension of the pricing strategies and approval guidelines
What the Hiring Manager Says:
“You will be flexible and willing to tackle anything. You will also support the entire group and will have exposure to many different business units working on product-mix and with our vendors. This person will have good phone presence, competence, and very tech savvy.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree. Business, math, computer science or related discipline is preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience required, preferably in an operations, client service experience or related role
- Strong and effective oral and written communication to effectively work well with clients and S&P Global staff
- Advanced systems skills, including complete understanding of Excel (formulas, macros, pivots)
- Knowledge of salesforce.com
- Understanding of primary products/services within a Ratings business, and elementary understanding of the Capital Markets would be advantageous
- Additional language skills would be useful
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.