Job Title: Senior Sales Representative – IB/PE Segment
The Role: You are responsible for promoting and consultatively selling a portfolio of products to current and target customers. You will identify key decision makers and influencers with target prospects and execute sales strategy collaborate with sales members, client services, product management, operations, technology, and legal to optimize product and service delivery.
Locations for these positions will include: San Francisco, CA & New York, NY, Boston.
The Impact: Your contribution and dedication to your role is critical as you have a direct impact on business generation. You will be able to lead from the front and have direct impact for future advancement of the business. In doing so you will get to learn their business and help clients identify needs, whilst providing solutions utilizing our products and tools.
The Career Opportunity: By being a key player within the sales team and you will have the opportunity to work with the major key clients within both the financial institutions and commercial banking industry. This is a great opportunity for you to grow professionally as well as committing to the growth of the organization.
The Team / The Business: The team is composed of experienced professionals within the financial institutions industry. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value partnership and it is crucial that you are a great teammate in order to be successful within our organization.
- Maintain total sales at or above quota
- Identify new opportunities within the designated territory
- Establish appointments with senior level executives of these organizations
- Stay current with industry news and issues to understand the potential impact to your current prospects for fine new opportunities.
- Coordinate and provide sales demonstrations
- Follow up to negotiate contract terms and pricing
- Maintain focused approach to daily sales activity pipelines and systems based workflow (i.e. Salesforce.com)
- Secure the executed contract and coordinating the transition of new clients to the Account Management group.
- Develop industry specific knowledge necessary to have credible diagnostic conversations
- Engage in team selling to strategic accounts in conjunction with Sales Executives in other industries or Account Managers in existing accounts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, commerce or related subjects, CFA, MBA will be a plus.
- 5-8 years relevant industry experience and a consistent record in consultative sales.
- Strong communication, organization, presentation and negotiation skills
- Analytical capabilities in the areas of credit risk, financial modeling and valuation analysis is desirable
- Confidence in cold calling and dealing with C-Level executives over the phone and in person.
We know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand bold and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
We are a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence