The Team: The Investment Management/Capital Markets Quantitative team works directly with our clients to identify, analyze, and propose solutions specific to the quantitative capabilities of our product. You will be a part of a multifaceted team with backgrounds ranging from finance, computer science, and financial engineering.
The Impact: You will become a knowledge expert in the ClariFI Platform, and in the Quantamental products offered through Market Intelligence. You will be a product specialist in the Capital Markets division on the equity side and work with clients in a consultative manner.
You will drive revenue growth and client retention by working both externally with clients, but also internally with Sales, Relationship Management, Product Management, and Product Operations to provide deep technical knowledge and client process data.
What’s in it for you:
- You will learn and understand new datasets as they are deployed through the Xpressfeed loader, ClariFI, or other mechanism, and communicate the advantages of these datasets effectively to clients and prospects
- Provide product training to Sales, and document technical client interactions in Salesforce to share with the broader organization
- With the experience gained in this role, you can evolve in multiple directions within the Product Specialist realm, or into a managerial position focused on technical support
- Working directly with our customers to aid them in fully utilizing our product offerings
- Advise users on financial modeling, numerical analysis, and process efficiencies.
- Responsible for all quantitative engineering, account management and pre-sales activity for clients of our institutional products and services, particularly the ClariFI Platform, and the quantitative products offered by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
- Assist the trial process with a deep understanding of the client’s workflow, and how Market Intelligence’s content, feed and platform solutions (including ClariFI and various enterprise delivery platforms) will improve that workflow.
- Possess a deep understanding of the diagnostic sales process and employ its principles and techniques when engaging with a prospect or client. Understand the commercial pricing model and the client’s use of platforms and data to inform pricing.
- Conduct product demos as needed and help to design the best solution to fit a prospect’s or client’s needs.
- Act as a product specialist for the ClariFI Platform by understanding the application of ClariFI for complex buy side workflows, conducting training, troubleshooting problems, answering product questions, and providing complex daily product support to a client base of equity research analysts, portfolio managers, and Risk Management professionals.
- Facilitate a positive experience for the client by bringing together the appropriate resources within Market Intelligence and the client’s organization
What We’re Looking For:
Backgrounds vary among our Quantitative Specialists, but a mixture of Finance and Technical skills are necessary. Market data specialists from the buy-side, technical and content experts at other market data vendors, and equity Portfolio Managers/Research Analysts also do well in this role. If you are passionate about problem solving, quantitatively driven, and have knowledge in the finance and quantitative finance sector with experience working with people in a consultative fashion, this role is meant for you.
- Deep understanding of the domestic and global equity investment process.
- Degree in a discipline such as Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent experience is required.
- Familiarity with financial data and delivery platforms.
- Excellent communication, training and presentation skills.
- 3-5 years of work experience in quant equity -- either on the vendor side, the buy side, or the sell side.
- CFA Charter holder/candidate or Masters in Financial Engineering (or related discipline)
- Versatility with programming languages (SQL, R, MATLAB, Python, C++, etc)
- Knowledge of Compustat or Capital IQ products (data, software, or feeds)
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.