The Role: Research Associate, U.S. Mobile Market
The Location: Monterey, CA
The Team: S&P Global Market Intelligence is growing its Media & Communications research team and is seeking a mobile industry authority to support our global mobile coverage. Our product is the ultimate resource for complete financial intelligence on the broad and dynamic media and communications sector, including broadcast, cable, IP, mobile and wireless television and video distribution as well as broadband telecoms and online media services. This role requires the capability to understand media company financials, synthesize fast changing dynamics, anticipate market movement from current and past trends, and draw actionable conclusions and market intelligence.
The Impact: As a Research Associate, you will have the opportunity to drive our mobile coverage with a focus on the six publicly-traded U.S. Mobile Network Operators in addition to covering topics including mobile music, games, sports, video and location-based services. Day-to-day, you will use your attention to detail and analytical skills to collect relevant data from company-filed reports, interviews and industry conferences. A writer by trade, you will create data-driven articles and reports that make us the best-in-class source of business intelligence in the Media and Communications industry.
What’s in it for you:
- Dynamic team environment
- Tremendous opportunity to grow personally and professionally
- Learn about market dynamics
- Brainstorm with colleagues who share deep knowledge and passion about the sectors they cover.
- Enjoy a casual working environment
- Financial and strategic analysis, as well as writing articles related to the sector.
- Coming up with your own report ideas and suggesting new coverage areas.
- Opportunity to craft how the industry evolves over time based on your research conclusions.
- Opportunity to create proprietary datasets not available anywhere else
- Press citations and quotes.
- Exposure to industry leaders.
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong analytical and writing backgrounds with the confidence to digest large amounts of information into concise analysis, perform phone and in-person interviews with high level executives and give presentations to large groups.
- Experience working as an Analyst in media research or across the wireless communications industry is helpful, but not a required
- Have exceptional written and verbal communications skills, including experience with phone and in-person interviews, and presenting research and analysis to C-level audiences.
- MS office / Excel use, and experience in developing models and forecasts for the wireless sector
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.