The Role: The Regional Manager will ensure the development and agreement of an annual engagement plan in collaboration with key internal stakeholders, with a strong focus on oil but careful attention paid to other regionally important benchmark areas, including LNG and petrochemicals. The role will lead and coordinate implementation and execution of this plan as well as other key projects or initiatives in the region. In addition, the Manager will serve as senior representative for S&P Global Platts to markets in the region, meeting regularly with industry stakeholders, including key government and regulatory officials. This position will work in close collaboration with regional energy and commodity leaders from the content team, Price Group, commercial and product teams. The role maintains high-level knowledge of Platts’ content, market structures, challenges, product capabilities and industry trends and issues. The Manager will serve as a key conduit between the industry and Platts’ strategy, content (both price and analytics) and commercial teams. The individual in this role will also identify competitive threats and work internally to develop responses.
- Develops Regional Visibility and Engagement Plan and serves as senior engagement liaison in the region
- Serves as the regional lead developing and implementing an overall engagement strategy for the region in collaboration with the SME program and other key departments.
- Acts as Regional ambassador for Platts across all commodities meeting regularly with key, senior market stakeholders including: government agencies, media, exchanges, key companies and other industry influencers.
- Assumes other engagement activities including taking speaking assignments at Platts and third-party forums and attends commodity events.
- Reports from the field succinctly, widely and accurately to ensure the voice of the region is well heard in internally and so that we understand the impact and effectiveness of any of our activities.
- Execution of Regional Project Plans and initiatives
- Serves as the regional lead developing and implementing an annual plan for the region in collaboration with the sales, marketing and other key departments.
- Develops and maintains relationships with functional leads in Asia and Europe to help inform and our tactics and strategy.
- Plans and develops key events in collaboration with marketing for the region and ensures content and execution of those events is of highest quality
- Collaborates with regional staff (in matrix) on executing local initiatives and serves as a lead for those efforts.
- Contributes to the Development and Improvement of Content/products
- Identifies, develops and executes content/product opportunities to drive growth in the region.
- Supports and develops existing benchmarks for the Asia and the Middle East through engagement, excellence of output and thought leadership and MOC processes.
- Provides strategic and tactical guidance for content across pricing and news across the region as well as for product.
- Leads establishing annual regional goals, quality standards and operational metrics.
- Through engagement, gathers feedback to leverage in the development of Platts’ products and content to ensure they remain relevant and of value to the customer.
- Support market reporting in the region, occasionally stepping in to back up and support reporting from Dubai as directed
- Contribute innovative content in the form of deeper market analysis pieces, digital content and more in collaboration with leadership of energy content team
- Ability to travel 40%
- Ability to lead and manage in matrix across content commodities & functions, as well as across non-content functions (i.e. sales, marketing, finance)
- Commodity experience and management experience a plus. Graduate-level degree a plus.
- Demonstrated Leadership ability in international work environment
- Strong initiative, organization, prioritization and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written), as well as the ability to interact and influence professionals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook) and knowledge of Tableau (for metrics)
- Experience with managing a function; Platts client-facing experience
- Problem Solving: Describe the problem-solving and decision-making challenges presented by the position. Give examples.
- Ability to manage conflicts in working across teams
- Ability to address challenges and drive projects and process improvement opportunities
- Fluency in English is required, fluency in Arabic would be ideal (but not essential)