S&P Dow Jones Indices
The Role: Application Support Analyst
The Location: AUS-Sydney
We are seeking an Application Support Analyst to be a key player in the implementation and support of our Global Index Calculation Platforms that run major US indices like S&P 500, Dow Jones Industrial Averages & also the co-branded indices with our exchange partners such as S&P/ASX, S&P/NZX, S&P/BSE, S&P/TSX, S&P/BMV etc.
The technologist will work effectively to undertake production support for mission critical real-time applications. This role will also liaison with our Client Services team for communicating with Stock Exchanges and providing technical support. The candidate should be a delivery-focused person who is familiar with Market Data such as Equity, Commodities, Forex, Futures, Options asset classes.
The candidate will help the business meet its commitment to the global financial community by ensuring a high-level of availability of our real-time indices and provide exemplary service to our clients and stakeholders. Your role with have an impact on the business as its responsibility will be to monitor our critical real-time index calculation processes and system health.
Our SPDJI team’s structure will allow you to be exposed to and have the opportunity to build your skills across functions within technology. This role spans across our iconic brands in finance and business, including: S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Averages.
- Manage daily production support for Real-Time & End of Day index calculation systems.
- Understand data models & data transformation algorithms used in our index platforms.
- Execute critical data changes in Production Databases and troubleshoot data issues.
- Analyze production issues, report bugs and collaborate with application development team for resolution.
- Monitor application log files to debug issues, review alert emails and take corrective actions.
- Monitor connections to market data sources, stock exchanges and vendor-partners.
- Maintain support procedures & run-books, system checkout tasks, escalation contacts.
- Interact with business operations to provide technical support.
- Effectively interact with global customers, business users and IT staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in application support with troubleshooting production issues and meeting critical SLAs.
- Experience in Oracle Database environment – SQL, PL/SQL stored procedures.
- Experience in deploying applications in Weblogic servers.
- Experience in system monitoring and data validation.
- Knowledge of Linux Operating System commands and executing shell scripts.
- Knowledge of Networking Protocols (TCP/IP, Unicast, Multicast, Sockets) and IP addressing is a plus.
- Experience with Market data/Index/Benchmarks/Asset Management/Trading platforms is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We’re the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.