VICE PRESIDENT, SALES, EMEA
S&P GLOBAL PLATTS
The Regional Head of EMEA Sales is responsible for driving customer relationships across are 3,364 customers in EMEA, managing and growing a sales organization with team members across the EMEA region through multiple sales channels. The scope of the position will include the oversight of regional and strategic accounts. The leader plays a key role in defining innovative go-to-market strategies that establish Platts as the premier provider of benchmarks, market fundamentals and services. Platts is a high-growth company with over $700 million of revenue and strong annual revenue growth targets. The head of EMEA is accountable for achieving the net sales and revenue targets, improving the individual customer experience, customer satisfaction, customer usage and customer retention through multiple sales channels. Of particular significance is the continued adoption of the CRM platform as well as other technologies that enable the sales force to achieve its goals. With strong collaboration with the global head of sales, regional sales, marketing, analytics, channel partners, product and the commodity sector specialists as well as other divisions, this role is responsible for refining and improving the entire continuum of the customer touch points from lead generation through pre-sales and to post-sales support. The role reports to the Chief Commercial Officer
Location: This position located in the UK
- Create and manage a first-class sales organization in the EMEA region that can drive business growth across all commodities sectors. Establish clear, customer-oriented value propositions for the entire suite of our business’ products and services.
- Identify opportunities to drive top line/revenue growth of the business by leveraging existing products and integrating customer feedback/information into new product development and product marketing efforts. Drive better capitalization of cross-sell opportunities, both within the EMEA region as well as across the globe in close collaboration with other Regional Heads.
- Share accountabilities with the marketing function for improving the individual customer experience and strategy that will enable Platts to achieve the sales revenue targets.
- Stay well-connected with customers and the market to ensure that broad market needs are being incorporated into the product development and enhancement cycle. Create, manage and report on the annual financial plan including revenues, expenses and variances for each.
- Develop and align sales organizations talent to meet commercial strategy and targets. Enhance sales staff effectiveness through focused, intensive and measurable staff development, training programs, coaching/ mentoring and education. Incorporate succession planning and bench-building into overall staff development strategy.
- Define monthly operational metrics, and review financial and activity reports to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions.
- Travel frequently to work with staff and see key customers.
- Collaborate with colleagues across Platts and communicate frequently to ensure the needs of Platts’ customers and related issues are understood and addressed.
- Promote Platts as a leader in the industry to customers and potential partners by presenting a visible leadership role. Actively participate in industry conferences and events, engage with influencers and thought leaders, and act as the Platts brand ambassador.
- Proven track record building and transforming high performing teams, leading successful teams in the EMEA region, and solid understanding of the global energy industry.
- Proven experience in managing large complex sales teams and ability to effectively work in a large organization. Meeting and exceeding challenging commercial targets in customer centric organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing; Master’s Degree/MBA preferred.
- 10 years diversified leadership experiences driving and implementing revenue growth initiatives.
- Understands how to collect and leverage customer, market and competitive intelligence.
- Experience managing in a matrix environment a must.
- Ability to communicate and translate diverse global customer needs into product and service requirements, and the leadership to create and execute the sales and support strategy to capitalize on those needs.
- Well-balanced strategic and operational mindset.
- Ability to make difficult decisions and set priorities based on imperfect information.
- Fluency in a European Language would be advantageous
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com