The Role: Relationship Manager - National Accounts team (S&P Global Market Intelligence)
The Location: Tokyo, Japan
S&P Global Market Intelligence, a subsidiary of S&P Global, is currently searching for a Relationship Manager to join the National Accounts Sales team in Tokyo, Japan. This role will work closely with the team’s sales members, senior relationship managers, the client support team and product teams to grow and support S&P Global Market Intelligence’s business. The RM will be responsible primarily for managing existing relationships mainly in the commercial banking, corporate and investment management space and will be providing day to day support to such clients through user training in a group or individual settings, establishing relationships with key users, generating ideas for potential improvements to the users’ workflow and also by collecting feedback from users on how to improve the S&P Global Market Intelligence service.
S&P Global Market Intelligence has a solid reputation in Japan and we are further building awareness of our brand. Your contribution and dedication to your role is critical as you have a direct impact on client retention and business generation. You will be able to lead from the front and have direct impact for future growth of the business.
What’s in it for you:
S&P Global Market Intelligence is currently searching for a Relationship Manager to join the Japan National Accounts team in Tokyo. Working closely with the Senior Relationship Managers, the Junior Relationship Manager will be responsible for managing our fast growing existing book of business with the clients across the segment (commercial banking, insurance, non-financial corporate, investment management etc.).
You will be a key player within the Japan National Accounts team and have the opportunity to work with various kinds of clients and segments. This is a great opportunity for you to grow professionally as well as to contribute to the growth of our business in Japan.
The hiring manager says: “I’m looking for the kind of person who likes to be in a supporting role to help clients, is driven to help contribute to the growth of the business, and someone who wants to work in a dynamic, multi-cultural and global work environment. You’ll love this job because you’ll get to work closely with all the key players within the financial services industry.”
- Managing a client roster of about 20-30 clients in an effort to promote increased usage, growth in the existing user base as well as an upsell of our services
- Visiting potential and existing clients to present new functionality and training existing users individually or in a group setting
- Identify key client contacts at various levels and establish relationships with these contacts to further strengthen our relationship with the client
- Gathering competitive intelligence to uncover potential changes in clients’ business needs; turning client feedback into actionable strategies to drive new business and address competitive risks
- Analyzing client usage trends to identify growth and risk areas
- Facilitating product related questions from clients by seeking solutions across appropriate internal groups
- Participating in brainstorming sessions aimed at incorporating personal and client feedback into product designs for future releases
- Help users create and maintain detailed financial models by working closely with the users and our internal modeling team
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 2 years plus direct experience working in the financial industry in a client facing or analytical role (investment banking, equity research, commercial lending, money management, credit analysis or financial consulting preferred) or information services industry (same industry as S&P Global Market Intelligence)
- Fluent in Japanese and Business level of oral and written English skill
- Strong ability to communicate with clients in a clear manner with strong presentation skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks accurately
- Established relationship building and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-based environment
- MBA, CFA or CMA candidates are welcome
- Excellent analytical capabilities including some financial modeling background preferred
- Corporate Finance knowledge a plus
- Experience having used other data vendor services such as Factset, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Uzabase, Moody’s, etc would be a plus
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.