The Role: In this role you will be a key contributor in the Investment Banking Product Management team. You will be joining a global team of experienced professionals from the financial services industry and interacting with various other teams across our organization, including technology, sales, relationship management, research, and development, as you drive the segment strategy and business.
The Impact: You will directly contribute to the successful design, development and go-to-market of solutions that solve for the needs of our clients, ultimately driving our company growth and the efficiency of our clients.
The Career Opportunity: Due to the dynamic nature of the role you will interact with multiple stakeholders in a wide range of locations and time zones. This will allow you develop key skills such as time management, stakeholder management, international communications and project management. This is a great opportunity for you to join a strong global team, grow professionally and have a genuine impact on our clients and business.
The Team / The Business: Our Investment Banking business is one of the most exciting and fastest growing areas of S&P Global Market Intelligence with consistent double digit growth from year to year. We provide solutions to our clients that are essential to help them meet the demands of today’s ever-changing environment always focusing on our core values of Integrity, Excellence, and Relevance in everything we do. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere that promotes an entrepreneurial spirit where we foster ownership and create a culture of accountability.
Our Hiring Manager says: “I’m looking for a self-starter comfortable engaging across the organization. If you’re right for this role you will be confident, detail oriented, fast learning, and flexible enough to adapt and thrive in a dynamic environment. If you’re looking to make a difference and add real value to our clients and our business then you’ll love this role!”
- Work closely with team members across the globe
- Define functional requirements & wire frames for developing the product and content. Analyze and incorporate client feedback to drive product enhancements
- Perform product testing to ensure all released solutions meet our high quality standards
- Generate ideas for new products or enhancements and develop the business cases and project submissions
- Conduct market, company and competitor research
- Work collaboratively with various internal departments to establish effective marketing programs, training materials, and commercial education
- Develop management information including user and usage reporting, salesforce analytics and other to support the business needs
- Become an internal expert and thought leader for the segment through blog posting and other forms of evangelism
- Assist relationship managers, new sales and client support with product demonstrations and product/workflow understanding
- Minimum 1 year experience in banking or related activity
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, or related field preferred
- Understanding of banking, both from a financial analysis standpoint as well as understanding key roles and workflows within a bank
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English language.
- Working knowledge of the existing MI product suite – especially desktop and enterprise would be beneficial (e.g. MI platform, CIQ, XF etc)
- Basic knowledge of the Business Development Life Cycle and Agile software development would be beneficial