The Role: S&P Global Market Intelligence is seeking a Senior Product Manager to support the Investment Banking team in New York. In this role, the Senior Product Manager, will support the “Sell side” Product Management and Market Development function, which predominantly focuses on customers in the Investment Banking and Boutique advisory space. This role is responsible for market outreach and supports the development life cycle of S&P Global Market Intelligence products in the Americas.
This position impacts the business unit's ability to implement products/platforms and programs to drive revenue and achieve the strategic objectives of the Global Investment Management team. This position interacts with external Sell side influential clients/prospects; and engages with leadership and peers outside of own team in the Product, commercial and Technology groups. You will work with teams across the business to develop new product ideas, will present externally at industry events, participates in professional associations, conferences and other external activities and interacts with clients as needed to support the S&P Global Market Intelligence products.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive Market Education and broaden S&P Global Market Intelligence (SPGMI) brand awareness.
- Promote Market Awareness of SPGMI offering via the creation of insightful investment research and the contribution to content marketing to drive revenue.
- Conduct actionable research on investment banking market trends using the entire suite of data and analytics at SPGMI.
- Work closely with sales as a subject matter expert for the investment banking solutions of SPGMI.
- Disseminate and provide training to sales and field marketing teams. Provides insights into best practices and is able to speak to how SPGMI products can be leveraged.
Product management input and Go-to-market.
- Manages the project planning for product/platform development initiatives with internal & external constituents; Meets with clients to understand needs and conducts training/consulting meetings as appropriate. Assist and provides technical SME and analytic support for the creation of new product business plans.
- Develops and maintains a database of all potential customers in the market for new products/platform to be launched.
- Actively participate in testing newly developed functionality and ensure it accurately responds to clients’ expectations; support commercial testing and market adoption initiatives to achieve superior satisfaction with S&P Global Market Intelligence offering; manage all aspects of the client satisfaction and product experience process.
- Assist in the development of complex analysis, research, modelling, etc. as part of various proof-of-concept activities, including building prototypes and assessing the appropriateness of specific product capabilities.
- Assist the sales team with technical conversations associated with new initiatives. Answer all complex client and trial account queries around new initiatives in a timely fashion; liaise with the Data, Analytics, IT and Management teams to provide most accurate and timely response possible; document customer interaction, including feedback and enhancement requests.
Market research and development.
- Develop, manage and maintain a comprehensive outreach program with important clients and prospects. Analyze and document customer interactions and findings in a structured manner. Document the typical customer and their buying process, conducts comparative analysis against competitors and interpret results of product/platform opportunities to help inform tactical and strategic commercial campaigns, as well as product direction, features and roadmaps.
- Help prioritize next set of enhancements to maximize added value to users; provide input at the specification phase and during the development process to ensure client needs are represented.