The Role: Energy Client Support Associate
The Location: Charlottesville, VA
The Team: Do you love energy? The Energy Product Operations team is responsible for providing client support for our business intelligence tool by communicating with clients & driving product usage. You will be a valuable member of a truly global team with presence in the US, Pakistan & Philippines. Members of the team learn in-depth energy industry knowledge, produce webcast presentations and develop their technical skills. You will also work with different teams inside the organization across many functional areas (Sales, Technology, Product Management, Content & Industry Research, etc).
The Impact: As the front lines of the organization, your regular day requires you to answer client queries while showcasing your vast knowledge of our tools, data and the industry we cover. Additionally, you’ll help to accelerate the quality and timeliness of the data, improve operational efficiency to reduce error rates, and improve support survey scores to help maintain retention rates of our clients and drive revenue increases.
What’s in it for you:
Sharpen your professional and interpersonal skills while interacting with energy industry leaders
- You will develop your industry knowledge by working with our diverse client base at various financial institutions, government organizations and Universities located across the globe
- You will improve your technical expertise with software programs such as MS Excel, SQL and financial modeling
- You will work closely with seniors and mentors in the field to promote development and professional growth
- As a contributing company that is a results-focused meritocracy, we set high standards and value accountability. We seek to identify and reward extraordinary performance with growth opportunities
Providing the highest level of data, functionality and product support to S&P Global clients researching/analyzing appropriately and using all available resources.
- Answering in bound phone calls, emails, chats from external clients in a timely fashion
- Contribute to operational efficiency by applying the Lean principles to the day to day job
- Use Diagnostic Techniques to go beyond client wants and delve into the why
- Work with senior analysts on projects and develop subject matter expertise in the Energy industry
- Record and deliver persona/workflow based client trainings with adequate support and oversight
- Participate in user acceptance testing efforts within area of focus to ensure that products meet the highest standard for client experience
- Document different client queries for product associates in order to build a central repository of information which can be accessed by internal partners on how to best use the product
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor/Undergraduate Degree holder, preferably in Economics, Finance or equivalent
- Have a dedicated and strategic approach to utilizing resources for research
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask effectively
- Team-player mentality with strong collaboration skills
- Flexible to changes in a dynamic environment
- 0-2 years working experience
- Experience in client facing role where extraordinary verbal and written communication skills were paramount
- Interest or experience in energy, solar,
- Knowledgeable in finance, Energy industry or the global economy
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.