The Marketing team globally is part of the bigger Commercial organization comprising of sales and client services, and marketing. The Marketing team is comprised of the different disciplines of Communications, Global Events, Campaigns, Marketing Operations, Global Channel Marketing, Market & Customer Insight, Product Marketing, Global Demand Centre and Regional Marketing. The Asia Regional Marketing team is responsible for driving the marketing activities from forums to local digital programs to Account Based Marketing programs.
- The field marketing manager is responsible for planning, organizing and executing regional marketing programs and market engagement activities that generate new prospects, retain customers and advance existing opportunities for the sales team.
- Act as liaisons between marketing and inside, partner and field sales teams as well as central demand functions such as global/integrated marketing and demand center.
- The field marketing manager is responsible for the development of marketing plans consisting of multi-touch, multi-dimensional programs including both inbound and outbound tactics.
- Manage vendor contracts and relationships and execute within budget
What’s in it for you: List 3-4 bullets highlighting the opportunity/selling-points to the applicant; growth/development opportunities, exposure to policy makers/market leaders, global nature of the role, etc.
- Join a leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets.
- Be part of the success in shaping S&P Global Platts fastest growing region
- Grasp the opportunity to be exposed to a wide range of marketing disciplines from events to digital to customer engagement marketing
- Leverage different functions to understand countries’ market insights, trends and needs
- Read and analyze insights and data to develop, manage, execute plans that meet business objectives
- Develop and implement funnel marketing plans from awareness to nurture to demand generation to pipeline acceleration against customer acquisition and retention goals
- Research, choose, design and manage virtual and live events to be included as tactics in the overall integrated marketing mix, and ensure there is a cohesive pre-event, at-event and post event strategy to increase engagement and response rates
- Communicate and collaborate with the sales team regarding new and planned marketing activities including global, regional and local programs
- Proactively engage with the direct and indirect sales teams to coordinate, communicate, and optimize the impact of marketing activities
- Work with functions in sales and marketing to define and establish workflows (e.g. campaign personalization and execution, lead hand-offs)
- Engage with content and product management teams to support benchmark protection and acquisition as well as product launches
- Partner with marketing operations to establish forecast and report against key success metrics
- Manage and adhere to budget allocation
- Forecast, measure, analyze and report on impact of programs and activities
- Evaluate, select and manage vendors that contribute to local demand creation programs including event venues and services, marketing agencies, direct mail providers, designers, copywriters, etc
- Identify opportunities to improve marketing effectiveness through better audience segmentation, marketing techniques, and processes
What We’re Looking For:
- 10 or more years in B-to-B marketing
- 5 years in field marketing is essential
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or comparable education/experience
- Solid grasp of the marketing funnel and measurement model strategies
- Best-in-class event, marketing and demand generation experience with proven track record executing innovative, integrated and multi-part programs
- Ability to gather data/insights from multiple internal and external sources to understand impact across accounts and opportunities
- Strong understanding of audience segmentation and content mapping to the buyer’s journey
- Goal-oriented and collaborative with the ability to take initiative and deliver projects unsupervised.
- Budget management skills
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills with track record of successfully interfacing with sales teams
- Follow a metrics driven, analytical approach
- Exceptional organizational project and people management skills with attention to detail, discipline to follow established policies and processes
- Goal and task prioritization with “own it” personality and ability to thrive in a growth environment
- Relevant industry experience
- Strong technical literacy, including Marketing Automation Platforms and Sales Force Automation systems, business case creation and user needs analysis
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.