The Role: As a Translations Operations Manager, you will be responsible for managing the operations on site and coordinate with the broader department leadership to achieve business goals and execute on department strategy. The manager would also drive operational excellence and support customer requirements through optimal utilization of translation industry tools and leveraging localization experience. He/she would also be required to work with HRBP, site lead and other support functions on site, on performance management, employee development and engagement initiatives.
The Team: Translations department is part of the Documents & Translations domain on Market Intelligence division at S&P Global. It’s responsible for delivering accurate and timely translated content to internal financial and non-financial data collection teams within the division. It also supports translation requirements for other divisions as well as Corporate, Technology, Legal and News groups within the company.
The Impact: A Translations Manager is responsible for executing on the business goals as well as contributing to the strategic objectives of the department and by extension to the larger company strategy.
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to be a part of a large and growing Translations operation with over 400 employees across 5 operating sites, that uses state-of-the-art translation processes and tools to deliver on the needs of internal customers not just within the division but the entire company.
- Wide exposure to multiple data collection processes with a dependency on translation services within S&P Global
- Opportunity to work with diverse and multicultural teams working out of Ahmedabad Hyderabad, Islamabad, Manila and Buenos Aires offices. to achieve a common set of goals.
- An insight into our clients and/or C-level executives at companies whose data we cover, collect and present.
- Lead the Translation team in Manila effectively to deliver department and business goals.
- Ensure goals are clearly defined and communicated to the team along with execution strategies and guidance.
- Develop organizational and department capabilities to manage execution and measure results.
- Identify and communicate key responsibilities and practices to ensure high employee engagement, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve department and business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices
- Coach and train AMs/TLs on customer engagement, vendors and other stakeholders to address people issues and build capabilities effectively.
- Hire, train, evaluate and guide personnel to ensure that department and business goals are met in a timely fashion.
- Identify and implement process improvements, including automation opportunities across the organization
- Develop capabilities to manage execution and measure results accurately and transparently.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with leaders across all operating sites to deliver on department goals consistently
- Communicates process, talent or other issues proactively to senior leaders for timely resolution.
- Monitor productivity and quality of work of the local team in particular by using appropriate metrics and tools with a goal to achieving department goals.
- Support senior leadership in developing strategic and tactical product/ services and oversee execution of these recommendations with a goal to reduce costs.
- Leverage localization experience to support engagements with existing and new internal clients and find appropriate solutions for their requirements with a combination of internal and external translation resources.
- Responsible for business process governance by ensuring the team is compliant with company and department policies and has a sound knowledge of internal systems and tools.
- Understand and focus on keeping abreast of latest developments in the Translation industry. Develop expertise on leading edge Translation Management and Machine Translation.
- Manages the performance review process, talent development and talent management processes of the team. Identifies individual strengths to appropriately delegate work amongst the team.
- May interact with internal and external clients as necessary and works on new projects as assigned.
- Manages data/content management projects or initiatives that are important to the business. Facilitates business governance team across assigned area/region
What we are looking for:
- An experienced people manager, with strong strategic and operational expertise in managing larger teams.
- Experience in translation localization industry desired.
- A self-starter with strong time and priority management skills
- Strong analytical and research skills; Detail-oriented; Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to drive teams to deliver on strategic objectives
- Ability to design and implement scalable, sustainable and lean solutions to simplify translation and people processes.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office tools including Word, SQL, Excel. Knowledge of automation and machine learning tools concepts is preferred.
- Proficient in speaking and writing in English
- Background in translation and localization a must.
- College degree in the area of Business, Computer Science, Management or Marketing or any equivalent / relevant degrees.
- Preferably with more than 7 years of direct people management experience, ideally with experience working in a highly multicultural environment.
- Working in Data & Content Management or similar industry is a plus but not required
- Flexible to work in shifting schedules and render overtime when there is a business need
- Must be willing to work in Pasig City (Silver City Office)