European Financial Reporter - S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global Market Intelligence is seeking an experienced financial journalist for its growing digital news team covering banking, insurance and other financial institutions in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Responsibilities include breaking news coverage, insightful analysis and data-driven reporting using our rich portfolio of proprietary data.
The successful candidate will be based in London and contribute to our coverage of European banks and financial institutions, as well as working with other parts of the global newsroom on topics of wide interest. Our real-time, subscription-based news service reaches an influential readership, including investment bankers, credit risk analysts, buy- and sell-side teams, and regulators. The news we provide is a pivotal part of S&P Global Market Intelligence's highly valued product offering.
The successful candidate will join the EMEA Financial Institutions Group team with opportunities for global collaboration, editorial leadership development and career advancement within S&P Global Market Intelligence and other parts of S&P Global. In the spirit of continuous learning, the newsroom also offers extensive workshops to deepen industry knowledge and other development support, such as a mentorship program, to broaden your horizon. Our extensive database of market, regulatory and corporate data offers ample opportunities to enrich your ability to deliver high-quality news.
The EMEA Financial Institutions Group news team comprises roughly 25 reporters, editors and writers in London, Paris, India, Pakistan and Manila, producing coverage of banks, insurers and other financial institutions. The team is part of the larger Financial Institutions Group covering our sector’s hot news in the Americas and Asia. Our portfolio includes day-to-day coverage of company news and events, breaking news reporting and features, and follow-up coverage offering unique insight and analysis.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is one of four divisions within S&P Global Inc., which also comprises S&P Global Ratings, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts.
• Generate ideas to write concise and insightful analysis of breaking news and broader industry trends, to daily and weekly deadlines.
• Leverage S&P Global Market Intelligence data and use this and other information to create visuals and tell compelling stories.
• Develop high-level sources throughout the European insurance and reinsurance industries.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including across S&P Global’s portfolio of businesses.
• Attend and report on industry events in London and elsewhere.
• Mentor and motivate more junior colleagues.
• Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of at least one other major European language is highly desirable.
• Financial journalism experience is required, and knowledge of the European banking and financial sector is preferred.
• An ability to work to tight deadlines is a must.
• Experience writing for a discerning professional audience is desirable.
• A passion for telling data driven stories and a commitment to work n affinity for working with in-house and external market intelligence data and graphics to enhance our coverage, requiring collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.