The Role: As a News Writer, you will be responsible in gathering news and writing briefs regarding business.
The Impact: You will be responsible in providing timely news updates. You will help the News team provide accurate and timely news to our clients, helping provide them with the essential intelligence they need to make the right business decisions.
The Career Opportunity: You will have the opportunity to develop your writing skills, as well as gain industry knowledge in the specific business sectors. Down the line, high performers may be given the responsibility of writing more and more complex stories and data-driven reports.
The Team / The Business: The role will have you working with a global team of News people. You will interact with colleagues in our News Desks in the US, UK, and Hong Kong, as well as colleagues in Pakistan and India.
Your Skills: Ideally, you should have a solid background in writing and have a keen eye for details. You must be able to work well under pressure and with a tight deadline. Knowledge of business news is a plus.
- Vets news wires, newspapers, and company websites to gather and monitor information, and news articles about the various business sectors and the companies being covered.
- Writes news briefs based on newspaper stories, press releases and filings.
- May write other enterprise stories as assigned. Contribute to regular features, aggregating stories based on subject matter.
- Edit basic news stories as necessary
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree, Journalism, Economics, Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Mass Communications or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of news writing experience.
- Outstanding written communication skills required, including high-level grasp of English language grammar.
- Prior knowledge regarding the industry is preferred but not required.
- Able to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Must have strong interest to pursue business/financial news writing.
- Must be amenable to work in Pasig and during holidays.
- Willing to work for Night and Late Night shift.