The Role: Senior Market Engagement Specialist - Asia
The Location: Singapore
Market Engagement Specialists take responsibility for delivering, and participating in, regular externally-focused Platts activities. These include meetings, events, thought leadership and (social) media interactions, for many Platts commodities. The Market Engagement team works in collaboration with Platts Editorial, Analytics and Commercial groups to ensure strong insights flow ebetween Platts teams and external stakeholders.
The Specialist ensures Platts cross-commodity content is tailored and delivered in the most effective and insightful manner to external stakeholders in Asia. This role is, critically, part of the Content team, and will be a major voice in the development and delivery of new pricing assessments and markets coverage. The individual in this role is also expected to be at the forefront of identifying and addressing competitive threats.
What’s in it for you:
- Learn more about many different commodities and teams within Platts, across many different Asian countries
- High-profile role requiring close liaison with many external and internal Platts stakeholders
- Hone skills in externally showcasing Platts value through many different channels e.g. face-to-face meetings, event presentations, creating thought leadership materials and (social) media
- Serve as a senior-level, expert ambassador on Platts commodity-related market issues in Asia. This is accomplished by engaging directly with market sources, (social) media activities, leading the internal coordination of Asian engagements, creating/managing thought leadership creation, presenting at events etc.
- Learnings and insights are shared with the content group as a whole, and the specialist herself/himself is personally well known and connected as a content representative in various Platts sectors
- Lead and develop Platts strategic approach to covering Asian commodity markets, encompassing Platts Editorial, Analytics and Consulting offerings. This is accomplished by effectively leading working groups that may be established to identify and advance shared Platts objectives that can be shared across sectors
- Identify new market coverage opportunities, including price assessments, in growth areas in the region, and the development of a sound grasp of how Platts can best penetrate those markets with new and/or adjusted market coverage strategies
- Drive excellence in market-related news reporting and analysis of key growth markets and established benchmarks in the region, by creating, and leading delivery of, content across a variety of digital and traditional media
What We’re Looking For:
- In depth working knowledge of Platts price assessment and methodologies and processes
- In depth understanding of physical and derivative practices and logistical issues impacting trade
- In depth knowledge of the role price reporting agencies play in the commodities trading arena
- Knowledge of Platts pricing precedents and their impact on the market
- Proven leadership and presenting skills
- Ability to work across many verticals and manage through influence, not just through direct authority
- In depth knowledge of physical and derivative trading practices
- Working knowledge of how Platts news, heards and fixed pages are transmitted to the industry
- Working knowledge of Platts Analytics’ processes, products and latest views
- Sound, across-the-value-chain knowledge of Platts commodity markets
- Existing network of relevant cross-commodity Asia contacts
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and other tools
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.