The Role: Product Manager - Investment Banking Lead, APAC (S&P Global Market Intelligence)
The Location: Tokyo, Japan
Be a part of the APAC regional Capital Markets team for the Investment Banking and Private Equity client segments. Work within a small, collaborative team that includes team members with both investment banking industry experience and product management experience. Collaborate with global project teams and functional teams to execute on regional and global enhancements and product launches.
- Drive the product solutions for investment banking and private equity clients in APAC.
- Champion the entire process from strategy and R&D, to project management and development, through to go-to-market strategy and adoption.
What’s in it for you:
- Leverage your investment banking or related experience to own and drive our rapidly growing business in Asia-Pacific.
- Move to the forefront of financial data, and develop into a unique industry voice to external clients and prospects.
- Expand your horizons in the emerging career path of product management, and build valuable skillsets in product development and go-to-market strategy.
- Develop as a regional and global cross-functional leader to help drive efforts across commercial, marketing, product operations, and technology teams.
- Market research and development: Liaise with client and key non-client market participants through regular visits/calls in order to establish strong working relationships to facilitate understanding of customer workflows, use cases, user needs and usage patterns. Analyze and document customer interactions and findings (including feedback and enhancement requests) in a structured manner to help inform tactical and strategic commercial campaigns, as well as product roadmaps. Help prioritize next set of enhancements to maximize added value to users; provide input at the specification phase and during the development process to ensure client needs are represented. Conduct competitive intelligence research and market trend analysis, including market developments and offering gaps across key competitors. Research and analyze internal data information systems containing client activity and usage statistics.
- Product management input and Go-to-market leadership: Participates on projects and monitors product development plan keeping the team informed about deadlines/obstacles/changes in the project plan. Actively support commercial testing and Market adoption initiatives to achieve superior satisfaction with S&P Global Market Intelligence offering; manage all aspects of the client satisfaction and product experience process. Assist the sales team with prospect meetings and technical demonstrations in the early stages of new initiatives; drive market adoption through in-depth onsite training. Investigate pervasive queries around new initiatives in a timely fashion; liaise with the Product Specialist, Content, IT and Management teams to provide the most accurate and timely response possible. Actively participate in testing newly developed functionality and ensure it accurately responds to clients’ expectations.
- Drive Market Education and broaden S&P Global Market Intelligence brand awareness: Promote Market Awareness of S&P Global Market Intelligence offering via the contribution to content marketing and thought leadership creation to drive revenue. Support the research and preparation of presentations for industry events, webinars round tables and other one-to-many external interactions.
- Cross-segment regional Content related input: Feedback local market nuance, including guidance on local collection data collection and research of appropriate local content partners to work with on IB/PE initiatives. Coordination with Sales around systemic customer issues, and escalate internally to develop the optimal customer solutions. Identifying and Prioritizing IB/PE segment related gaps in content versus product requirements (working with content domain leaders). Define requirements around coverage rules, types of companies, etc. to be covered in the product enhancements.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor Degree
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing in both Japanese and English. Public speaking skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels with an organization
- Advanced certification (e.g. MBA, CFA) will be an advantage
- Commands subject matter expertise in the IB segment. Experience with Corporate Finance/M&A at a bank or private equity firm is a plus.
- Work experience in the financial information space is also beneficial
Understands the product development process
- Result’s oriented, organizational skills and team player
- Analytical skills and mind-set, and creative problem solving ability
- Highly self-motivated and able to operate independently with imperfect information or limited guidance
- Probes more deeply when confronted with inconsistent or interesting findings. Thoroughly checks soundness of own/team work
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office (in particular advance Excel & PowerPoint), data query tools and SalesForce.com are a requirement. Familiarity with major data, research and analytics platforms like CIQ, Factset, Thomson Reuters, is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and must be fluent in English and Japanese Ability to interact with clients in a confident manner commanding sufficient subject matter expertise and gravitas
- Ability to multi-task and progress more than a single initiative at a given time and under tight deadlines is important
- Ability to balance conflicting themes and client objectives
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.