The Team: Transactions Public Offerings Team collects and validates data using search tools, press releases, company websites, stock exchange websites and regulatory filings with a view to provide in-depth, accurate and timely information about different types of offerings such as Initial Public Offerings, Follow-On Offerings, Debt Offerings, etc., which is then provided to our clients in the form of a formulated end product for S&P Global Market Intelligence.
The Impact: This role will influence Public Offering transactions dataset. In addition to collecting and validating the data, this role may require working with peers, other stakeholders and on process improvement projects. This position is an excellent stepping stone to understand Capital Markets domain, that will allow you to gain a comprehensive understanding through financial reporting standards, and enable you to learn facets of Capital Markets, and as well as apply this knowledge to your daily responsibilities.
What’s in it for you: Primarily responsible for day-to-day collection and validation of Offerings related transactions. Once strong fundamental understanding of the dataset and proficiency at workflows is developed, this role would require working with new talent to develop/enhance their skillset and working on process improvement projects including LEAN/automation projects that supports multiple SPGMI products.
- High quality data collation, analysis, extraction and entering the data in work tools as per guideline specifications.
- Extract and validate required information using search tools, press releases and websites, trade documents and regulatory filings
- Understand the working of the dataset, be aware of the workflows and have strong working knowledge of work tools
- Deliver on predefined individual and team targets including delivering outcomes with quality and excellence.
- Provides input and ideas for new collection methods and product enhancements related to the dataset
- Work on projects as an when they come up and ensure that they are completed within the given time span maintaining the desired quality
- Troubleshoots problems or issues and provide support to the team
- Data Researcher II or Data Researcher III (Grade 7.2 or 7.3) and must have completed minimum 12 months in the role on April 1, 2018
- Good research and analytical skills
- Articulate and fluent communication
- Background in Finance or related fields is preferred
- Knowledge of SQL and VBA is preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with stakeholders globally
- Willingness to work in all shifts on rotational basis (6 AM to 3 PM, 1 PM to 10 PM and 9 PM to 6 AM)
About S&P Global:
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.