What’s in it for you?
The UAT analyst [User Acceptance tester] partners with Product Management, Product Operations, Project management and Development teams to test the enhancements and updates made to the various S&P Global MI product platforms. The UAT works under the Scrum Framework with the IT teams. The Analyst is accountable for identifying defects and ensuring applications are meeting both business requirements and is ‘client ready’. The goal of User Acceptance is to assess if the system can support day-to-day client workflow prior to deployment.
While this position is focused on UAT, the candidate will also be exposed to other operational workflow and be expected to work on other projects as assigned.
- Master his/her knowledge of S&P Global MI Products.
- Opportunity to work with Product/Content/Industry Capabilities
- Work with various Scrum teams from requirement gathering to release of product.
- Get a chance to expand business intelligence by learning how a change in S&P Global MI products impacts the clients.
- Learn SQL, DBMS and Underlying Product Code, Hydra & Hydrobs
The position gives you an opportunity to witness the entire product development process that goes into building a product so robust, that our clients love using. It also gives you an understanding of how our clients use the product and how the product needs to be enhanced on a continuous basis.
You also get to work with the Product managers and understand the go-to-market approach.
- The candidate will be responsible for performing User Acceptance testing for Product releases and new projects within organization for functional accuracy to ensure that S&P Global products meet the highest standard for client experience.
- Learn SQL, DBMS and Underlying Product Code to determine the impact of change on the product
- Create UAT detailed test plans and corner test scenarios for each project. Document and execute functional and regression test plans. Identify and gather test data.
- Enter defects and re-test when bugs are corrected
- Plan and participate in release deployment activities to validate that the deliverable's are working correctly post deployment. May require off-hour and weekend hours depending on deployment schedule.
- Keeping all stakeholders updated and provides training on S&P Global Products as well as Industry to other teams as well as clients (as required).
- Performing User Acceptance testing for the tasks assigned to you, adding bugs for the issues found.
- Attending all the Scrum meetings – Daily Scrum calls, Planning, Grooming, Retrospective, etc.
- Knowledge sharing within the team and with the Product Operations department for the new enhancements that can help them serve our clients better.
- Continuous learning and upgrading knowledge to perform more effective testing.
What we look for:
Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate across organizations, levels and within teams
- Self-driven individual who can decide themselves, how to approach their daily activities and continuously improve the process.
- Someone who possesses an ability to think critically from an end user perspective
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and persistent approach to work
- Any of the S&P Products’ knowledge would be considered as an added advantage.
- Ability to multitask in a highly complex, fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to quickly adjust to changing priorities and work independently
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be a team player and willing to help others as needed to make the team/release successful
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Willingness to work in Split shift
- Equivalent of MBA in Finance or a related field or CFA (Domestic or International)
- Previous experience in User acceptance testing (preferred)
Minimum and Preferred Experience:
- Minimum 1 year of experience at S&P Global
- We are open for the lateral move to Grade 7 – Associate, UAT OR Grade 8 – Senior Associate, UAT based on the experience and skills.