The Role: You will spot newsy nuggets from source documents that include press releases, regulatory filings, and other third-party news articles to write a factual news story.
The Location: This position is based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
The Team / The Business: Our News team works is composed of Newswriters, Reporters, and Editors in our offices in the US, London, Philippines & Pakistan.
The Impact: You will be covering the biggest news which is of interest to our subscribers. The coverage areas will be dynamic, ranging from economic data and financial market moves to corporate announcements or results.
What’s in it for you:
- You will master writing for an international financial outlet
- You will learn about the financial markets
- You will spearhead coverage of new industries and provide regulatory & financially relevant news
- You will get to network globally with your peers in different locations
- Compose news stories based on newspaper stories, press releases, and regulatory filings
- Write genuine content by covering conference calls and conducting interviews with executives and analysts
- Gather newsworthy leads pertaining to your given industry
- Aggregate stories for regular wrap features
Work Shift: We work across serving clients from all around the world and therefore look for people who are flexible working in all three shifts that are morning, evening & night shift.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's/College degree in Journalism, Mass Communication, Economics, Marketing, Finance, Accountancy, Banking and/or relevant work experience required
- Tight-knit collaboration skills
- Strong English writing skills
- Meticulous accuracy skills
- Eager to learn new things and be a standout teammate
- Solid background in writing
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of business news
- Strong knowledge of global economy
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.