S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Assistant Editor
The Location: The position is based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
The Team: Market Intelligence's News team will work in close cooperation with reporters and editors in our offices in the US, Philippines, Pakistan & UK.
The Impact: You will be editing the biggest stories of interest to our subscribers. Areas of coverage will be dynamic, ranging from economic data and financial market moves, to corporate announcements or results.
What's in it for you:
- An opportunity to develop editing and writing skills, and potentially your management skills
- Gain industry knowledge in the financial sector
- Edit news by directing proprietary coverage of assigned sectors, which includes assigning, developing and editing stories with an eye toward clarity, accuracy and consistency with procedures.
- Write news by developing original stories for significant product impact
- Validate data and graphics for exactness
- You will communicate effectively and fluently with writers/analysts to ensure accuracy of output
- You will be involved in training by working one-on-one with editors and writers to improve the written English of the existing News workforce
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's/College Degree Economics, Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Mass Communications, Journalism, Media Studies or equivalent
- At least 2-3 year(s) of working experience as a writer or editor
- Experience in people management
- Have a strong interest in financial or business news
- Eager to learn new things and be a standout teammate
- Proven background in writing
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of business news
- Strong knowledge of global economy
Work Shift: We work across serving clients from all around the world and therefore look for people who are flexible working in all three shifts that are morning, evening & night shift.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.