The Role: You will be responsible for handling and carefully editing news stories related to a range of key industries. You will also write and edit news-stories for publication and assist in the day-to-day administration and management of workflow.
The Location: The position is based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
The Impact: You will be editing the biggest stories of interest to our subscribers. Areas of coverage will be dynamic, ranging from economic data and financial market moves to corporate announcements or results.
What's in it for you:
- An opportunity to develop your editing and writing skills, and potentially your management skills
- Gain industry knowledge in the financial sector
- You will be editing news by directing proprietary coverage of assigned sectors, which includes assigning, developing and editing stories with an eye toward clarity, accuracy, and consistency with procedures.
- You will also be involved in writing news by developing original stories for significant product impact
- You will validate data and graphics for exactness
- You will communicate effectively and fluently with writers/analysts to ensure accuracy of output
- You will be involved in training by working one-on-one with editors and writers to improve the written English of the existing News workforce
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's/College Degree Economics, Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Mass Communications or equivalent
- At least 2-3 year(s) of working experience as a writer or editor
- Experience in people management
- Have a strong interest in financial or business news
- Eager to learn new things and be a standout teammate
- Solid background in writing
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of business news
- Strong knowledge of global economy
Work Shift: We work across serving clients from all around the world and therefore look for people who are flexible working in all three shifts that are morning, evening & night shift.
The Team / The Business: Market Intelligence's News team will work in close cooperation with reporters and editors in our offices in the US, Philippines, Pakistan & UK.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.