This position is based in Islamabad, Pakistan
Working closely with an extraordinary team of Voice Writers, Scopists and Editors, you will strive to craft quality transcripts of teleconference and webcasts of corporate earnings calls. By using Voice Writing method and speech-recognition software (primarily Dragon) to rectify the errors in real time using you're typing skills and striving to deliver the best possible product.
You are going to be working the team which transcribes financial-related conference calls and assists in gathering business information such as corporate executive related data. You'd be joining a dynamic team of 250+ counterparts in global locations with countless opportunities to learn transferable skills & knowledge.
Being a part of the team means getting in on the floor of something that is huge, exciting, and significant, and is going to revolutionize how transcripts are produced and delivered to clients.
What’s in it for you:
- We are committed to provide you a path way to develop your career up to the manager level and above within Transcriptions department
- We seek to identify and reward special performance with growth opportunities
- We shall equip you with platform to work on enterprise level products learning new technologies and advanced transcribing tools
The primary responsibility of a Scopist essentially lies in collaborating as a pair with a Voice Writer, and further collaborating with the editor to build publication-quality transcripts of high speed, multi-speaker operating results conference calls involving specialized terminology. In addition to transcriptions, the team will assist in the collection of other Business Information – private company profiles, etc. Scopists will have complete knowledge of the collection policies and tools.
- Each role is dependent on the other and should be coordinated precisely with the other team members in production of output
- You might be required to perform in either the role of Voice Writer or Scopist using real-time voice writing methods and computer-aided transcription software to produce final output within set guidelines
- You may asked to proof and/or edit work performed by other Voice Writers or Scopists in order to meet quality control guidelines
- You will be collaborating with peers and Team Leaders to continuously improve the Transcriptions workflow process
- You shall be gathering relevant Business information as required by S&P Global
What We’re Looking For:
- A ‘Touch-typist’ with typing speed of 60 words per minute
- Excellent writing and listening skills in English
- Excellent eye, hand, and auditory coordination
- Ability to concentrate, focus and deliver consistently in time in an energizing environment
- At least a Bachelor's/College Degree is preferable (no studies in progress)
- Prior experience of working in a Transcriptions team is preferable
- 1-2 years of working experience in the Call Center industry is preferable
- Familiarity with financial markets and business organizational vocabulary is an asset
- Previous experience with speech recognition software, such as IBM ViaVoice or Dragon
Primarily a night shift job, subject to change upon business requirements
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.