The Manager, Software Development will lead a small team of developers focused on managing and growing the enterprise data platform. Leveraging his/her demonstrable understanding of database, ETL and Java technologies and leadership experience in the areas of software development, architecture and operations, he/she will guide the teams modernizing the data platform and extending its capabilities. The role requires design, implementation, testing, and maintenance of platform features, including collaboration with other technology teams.
- Work closely with business and technology partners on feature definition, platform roadmap, business case development, and overall direction of the enterprise data services platform.
- Ensure platform is operating efficiently and effectively
- Oversee and lead software development efforts
- Develop and monitor project plans, resource plans and budgets
- Provide guidance on routine to highly complex problems to team members
- Align to enterprise software development practices
- Coach and develop team members
Hiring Manager says:
“We’re looking for a seasoned data and application development who can lead a distributed team in efficiently managing the existing platform capabilities, while simultaneously enabling innovation and growth by introducing new capabilities - someone with passion for what they do and a vision for the future.”
- Experience leading development efforts through all phases of SDLC
- Strong knowledge of architectural principles, frameworks and best practices
- Experience with Agile methodologies like SCRUM, Kanban
- Strong understanding of Java/JEE design patterns, packaging, and deployment is required including (Spring, Hibernate, Spring WS)
- Experience building service oriented architectures: SOAP, REST, Microservices, Cloud and API standards (Apache Camel, Apache CXF)
- Experience architecting enterprise data solutions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Technical leadership and mentoring skills to guide and act as SME
- Experience developing cost estimates and negotiating contracts with vendors
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related fields
- 7+ years of technical experience in software architecture and development
- 7+ years of design and development of high performance messaging and transaction processing systems experience in financial services
- Java EE experience
- Ability to collaborate with business and technology teams to create practical, robust and scalable architectures and solutions meeting the business and technology goals/strategy of the organization
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.